Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2009 Fox TALAS 36 – Axle Play ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

hi guys – i have a pair of 2009 TALAS 36 R’s and have noticed a minute amount of axle play if I don’t over tighten the bolt through axle sufficiently. it’s just started to happen, and I’m wondering what could be the cause ? could not having tightend the bolt through induced a wee bit of play ? i doubt it like…..the movement is minimal (less than 0.5mm) but i’m anal in my set-up and maintenance
    the front hub is a Chris King ISO 20mm BT if that matters and i have checked that for bearing preload adjustment – the hub is fine !

thanks

the_lecht_rocks

anyone ?

guitarhero
    Free Member

When you say you’ve checked the hub bearing preload, i presume you mean whilst mounted on the fork?

hora
    Free Member

Hmmmm. You need new forks unfortunately. My company is currently operating a exchange program. Send me your forks and receive back a set of gleaming and dependable Marzocchi Z1 RC2 ETA’s.

the_lecht_rocks

guitarhero – no , off the bike – do you think i’d need to increase bearing preload tension once the hub is installed between the dropouts and tightened up ? ! ? ! ?

guitarhero
    Free Member

Yes, install it and adjust until play is gone.

MARTINJ
    Free Member

I had the same problem, spoke to Mojo they said that it is to do with the pre load, you really need to crank the spindle up (they said “imagine how much more torq you get with an allen key” on old type). Problem solved but a bit of a sod to undo etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2009 Fox TALAS 36 – Axle Play ?’ is closed to new replies.