Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 2008 Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 petrol – owners question
  • tyger
    Free Member

What M.P.G. do you get?

I'm averaging 30 which I think is poor

PePPeR

It is

doof_doof
    Free Member

Early 40's.

Guybrush
    Free Member

1.6 TiVVT? I have one and I get:

28 mpg just ragging it to work and back. 2 miles either way. (I ride if the weather is nice….)

46ish mpg doing 70 mph on the motorway.

34 mpg on average for a tank….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

33 for short journeys, 40+ taking care 37 average.

BUT THATS NOT OFF THE FUEL COMPUTER!!!

They aren't accurate. Check it properly – fill the tank and zero the trip every time and work it out. I've got 12000 miles worth of calculations saved to back that up!

tyger
    Free Member

Thanks PP

robdob
    Free Member

It's strange how they can't make the trip computer accurate. The one in my Corolla was always accurate to about 1mpg, and I logged every tankful for 20-30k miles.

Now I have all that data on my iPhone and I can't bring myself to delete it!!

I_Ache
    Free Member

My computer says 32-33 for normal(for me) driving. I can get it up to nearly 40 but driving gets so boring when doing that and I have to concentrate quite hard that I don't deem it worthwhile.

If caning it down twisty b roads which the car is great at I can get it as low as 20mpg but I have to really be trying to do that.

Makes me really wonder how even the richest people can justify a big v8 petrol engined car when a measly focus is quite thirsty.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I can get it up to nearly 40 but driving gets so boring when doing that and I have to concentrate quite hard that I don't deem it worthwhile

I could take you for a drive down one or tew of my favourite A-roads, at a speed you'd probably admit I was making 'decent progress' (Not silly fast, but I'd be overtaking people) and still get 37mpg-ish.

It's driving style. Smoothness is EVERYTHING. As soon as you touch the brakes, you've wasted fuel going too fast…. 🙂

EDIT
    Ours is an estate too so a bit heavier and possibly a bit lower powered. (Ours is 100bhp, Aren't the newer ones 110bhp?

clubber
    Free Member

I have a 1.6 LX which I think is the same engine. Get about what others have said – high 30s, low 40s.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Mine is the TiVCT model. When I got mine there was the normal model and the TiVCT that is more powerful with 116bhp its not exactly a mustang but its quite pokey around the twisty stuff.

GTDave
    Free Member

30 is poor, I average 32 on an old 02 plate 2.0l, mixed driving.
    (Calibrated fuel comp).

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

LOL @ PP

iainc

figs don't surprise me. Wife has a 2008 CMax 1.8 petrol and it averages 28.5 – mostly short trips, kids, heaters etc etc. On a long drive 35 is quite achievable

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘2008 Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 petrol – owners question’ is closed to new replies.