Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 2008 Cannondale Prophet – what shock?
  • Mintyjim

I’ve finally decided to keep my Prophet and instead buy a new shock for it.
    I’ve seen a brand new 2009 Fox RP23 for £175 or I was looking at 2011 Float R (maybe PUSH’d) from TF Tuned. £220 or £250 with PUSH.

I don’t know or understand anything about ‘tunes’ specific to my single pivot (it’s regressive??) so would a std shock simply work or should I get a tailored shock from TF?

I’m not interested in having 3 propedal settings, it always seemed like an odd thing to offer?!

I just want an improved shock over my boggo Fox Float R that’s on the there…I supposed I could get this TF tuned instead but that would be £140 including PUSH!!

Suggestion gratefully received.
    Thanks

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Vanilla r push tuned ftw

z1ppy

RP23 with normal (not high pressure) air can, flog the Float R. PUSH tuning by TF, made mine a lot better than the STD version I had on loan.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cannondale-prophet-bikeshock-setups

Mintyjim

RR – it won’t fit on the FR setting though without sawing/filing.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I know but a 5 minute filing job is all thats needed

Mintyjim

hmm, I’d be concerned about the re-sale. You can’t get the Van R in the 200×50 size though

z1ppy

Yes you can according to this page: http://www.mojo.co.uk/vanrc.html
    200×50 = 7.8×2.0
    (IIRC LoCo said you can re-size 200×57 shocks.)
    Again, even though I have one I wouldn’t want to file off the XC tab.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i did – got mine from TFTuned fitted fitted with a firm bottom out bumper and push tune

racing_ralph
    Free Member

you dont file OFF the XC tab just re-size the corner and give it more of an arc

Rickos
    Free Member

I’d go for a new Float and PUSH it. As said above, don’t get the high volume can, because of the regressive rate you just need the normal air can as the natural ramping up of the air pressure is counteracted by the regressive rate.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘2008 Cannondale Prophet – what shock?’ is closed to new replies.