Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2008-09 Mount Vision and Wolf Ridge sizing
  • tenayshuzd
    Free Member

Hoping some people here might have experience of riding the Marin Mt Vision, Wolf Ridge or Attack trail frames from around 08 – I’m 5ft 8 with a 31″ inseam, would I be OK getting a medium?
    (I’m just within Marin’s geometry recommendation from the time)
    Seen a couple secondhand you see.

hairyscary

5’9″ with a 30″ inseam here.

I had a 2009 Wolfridge in Medium and found it too short.
    This was replaced by a 2010 Attack Trail in medium and found this to be a better fit.
    I now ride a 2013 Nukeproof Mega TR in large and find it to be a perfect fit.

tenayshuzd
    Free Member

Hairyscary, thanks for the reply, appreciate that.

PJM1974
    Free Member

5’11” here and my large Wolf Ridge was too short.

The 2010 frames have a steeper seat angle and a much needed longer top tube IIRC.

tenayshuzd
    Free Member

Threw a leg over the Mount Vision XM7 in a medium in my LBS , reach felt fine but the geometry is quite different now. 27.5 wheels too. Those new Mt Visions are nice, way out of my means.

csb

I rode a 2008 wolf ridge (if that’s the bluey grey one with white wheels and bits that has a parallelogram swing arm at the back?) and am 5ft 9 with 31 leg. Absolutely perfect size. Chuckable, not xc geometry.

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

I’m 5-9 with a 31″ inseam. Had a 2008 MV and it was just right. You will find though that stand over height is a bit high and you will be slightly “clothes lining” but that’s more to do with the Marin high BB. iIRc there are only 3 sizes anyway and the medium is right for your height although you won’t get big stand over clearance.

tenayshuzd
    Free Member

Ok thanks, sounds like a medium will be ok then, I’ll probably compromise on the stand over height. Small size used full sussers are not as common as mediums anyway. Cheers for the advice guys

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have a 2009 wolf ridge, I’m 5’2″ and ride the small/15.5″ frame.
    Its perfect in everything but Standover height, hardly any free space there but I’m used to that. 27″ inside leg. Bike still as stock apart from a Spesh command post dropper.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2008-09 Mount Vision and Wolf Ridge sizing’ is closed to new replies.