Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2007 Stumpy FSR link rebuild
  • sheylings
    Free Member

Hi,

I have a 2007 STJ FSR and recently ordered a 2006 STJ FSR 130 bolt kit as I was told the bolts in the 2006 130 FSR are exactly the same as those in the 2007 FSR link.

Not the case!

Either the bolt kits are the same and Spesh put the wrong bolts in the bag, or the bolt kits are different.

Has anyone ever replaced the bolts from their 2007 STJ and if you have, can you tell me which bolt kit you used. I am reluctant to order another 2006 130 bolt kit if it is in fact different from the 2007 STJ kit.

Appreciate your thoughts on this one!

Steve

bigyinn
    Free Member

Do you mean bolts or bearings? Thought you would just reuse the bolts and replace the bearings when you do a rebuild, no?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The bearing kit is definitely the same for the 07 as the 06 130. To quote my email from Specialized my I did my partner's '07 Stumpy:

"The 07 Stumpjumper uses the same kit as the 06 130 so yes it is the correct one."

If in any doubt about your bolt kit, head for the horses mouth and call/email Specialized directly.

sheylings
    Free Member

bigyinn
    I am replacing both bolts and bearings – the bolts need replaced as I had to hacksaw on bolt off when the bearing case had ceased on!

The shop I ordered them from is going to compare them to another bag of 2006 130 bolts and I really hope they are different! Failing that, as 3F suggests, I heard to the horse.

Thanks both.

bigyinn
    Free Member

aaah, i see!

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Based on my experience of this last year I will say some are different.

Because I could not get the collapsed bearings out myself I took the whole thing along with my newly purchased bolt kit (labeled as 2006 130mm) to the Chester Specialized concept store. After a two days faffing with the linkage and calls to SBC they sorted it but I had to shell out for a new bolt kit.

If you are doing it yourself call SBC and tell them your frame number. My frame was a US import and the 'hourglass' spacer (1H on the schematic 'shock link frame pivot spacer') that sits in the middle of the two sides of the linkage was different. There was talk of filing down the shoulders of said hourglass in my original bolt kit before I agreed to wait for another bolt kit to come via courier the next day.

The whole thing cost me £105 (£40 labour, £25 bolt kit and £40 bearings) but I was very happy with the guys at Chester. I do like to do my own maintenance but without a torque wrench those alloy bolts scare me. I have snapped 2 before when putting the shock back in after services!

Talk to SBC on 020 8391 3500

windydave13
    Free Member

+1 for JImmAwelon

Just had a similar issue with my 06 Sworks Stumpy. The bearings clapsed so i bought a set off the bay. Tried to press them out at work but the vice was too big so took it to my LBS. They tried, but failed to remove them (No charge… 😆 ). So in the end took it to the concept store in chester, who had them out in a couple of days and pressed in the new ones for £30. Have to say i highly recomend the guys there. They even sorted out my warranty replacement when i snapped my enduro a couple of years ago. No one else in Manchester gave a toss, so in the end gave them a shout and they were awesome. New frame in a week!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2007 Stumpy FSR link rebuild’ is closed to new replies.