• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by igm.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 2005 Fox forks floats – service or replace?
  • feenster
    Free Member

Got a set of 2005 fox floats. Well used. They’ve been service at TF tuned twice. There’s some minor scratches on the stanchions. There’s a bit of flex in them and they’re not too smooth at the moment. They need serviced.

Obviously new forks would be the first choice, if I had the dosh, but can’t really afford that. Would want something of the same standard, so looking at £400 ish am I not? But is £80 on a service worth it given the age of these forks?

So what should I do?

Service them and run for another year, and save up my dosh for a purchase next year?
    Bite the bullet, flog these and and get some new forks now?

How much could I expect to get for these?

garnyam
    Free Member

I’ve just got some Float RLC’s serviced and pushed at TFTuned, I thought they were knackered. They said they tightened the bushes a bit to reduce the play, did the other work and said the internals were in good condition.
    I’ve fitted them to a Cotic Soul, they are super plush.
    As long as the stantions don’t need replaced, my advice is send them off and get them to ring you once they have stripped them and had a look at them.

igm

If the stantions are OK, then it’s just seals and bushings isn’t it? Which TF can replace in with the service I think. So seems like the £80 quid option is good. Course if you’re scrapping them then homes can always be found…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘2005 Fox forks floats – service or replace?’ is closed to new replies.