Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 20% ish hills in the Peak
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

road hills – where are some good uns?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Are you just looking to tick off some classics or stringing a route together? Winnat’s Pass is an obvious contender, with some great surrounding roads to build into a route. However if you want something quieter and less obvious, you could do worse than head into the Staffordshire Moorlands. Plenty of little gems there.

woody21
    Free Member

Sydnope Hill, Two Dales (B5057)

crazy-legs

Few little back roads round here to choose from as well:
    Chapel-en-le-Frith

stilltortoise
    Free Member

…and all those Crazy Legs mentions.

Had you posted a day or two earlier, you could have ridden yesterday’s Leek CC Legbreaker Clicky

richpips
    Free Member

There’s loads with short sections.

Coombs to Castle Naze will give you some 30%+ bits.

climbingkev
    Free Member

That looks good and starts 200yds from my house…..no route though? If you’re keen Rob J I’ll happily join you? I’m very average but have done a few Sportives ….. Cakes and coffee my speciality ;0)

climbingkev
    Free Member

I’ll try pop in on the dog walk tomorrow and see if I can get some route info…..

woody21
    Free Member

Bank Road, Matlock

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Around Macclesfield, follow the Route 70 signs: Blaze Hill out of Bollington then the aforementioned Ankers Lane up from Lamaload Res a few miles later. Cross straight over the Cat & Fiddle road and run along Wildboarclough Valley. Hang a right up through Sutton End and that’s three good ones in less than 10 miles. You could loop back and do that Macc Forest climb too; that route up through the forest on Toot Hill is a killer.

robdob
    Free Member

It’s West Yorkshire you need to come to mate, 20% round here is average. 🙁

Shibden Wall to start you on, then head off down to Keighley then the Calder valley to finish you off.

I drive down a lot of out of the way roads round these parts for my job and I went down a road which was cobbled but at the bottom was so steep I had to have 3 goes getting round it as I thought I was going to ground the car.

antigee

Strines road heading A57 towards Langsett the 2nd hill (Ewden Beck, I think) – some other short 20% sections in the Ewden area including the road from Lower to Higher Bradield

Pea Royd hill out of Stocksbridge is in Simon Warren’s book as having 20% sections

linston
    Free Member

Gorsey brow, broadbottom.
    Riber road Matlock.

jet26
    Free Member

Winnats pass. Killer.

simon1975

I’d check with Mike at Peli Deli as to which route they’re doing, and how hard it’ll be. The start venue and ride description are different on the official leaflet, too:
    http://mediafiles.thedms.co.uk/Publication/DS/cms/pdf/PDCF%202013%20brochure.pdf

climbingkev
    Free Member

Different date too…….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘20% ish hills in the Peak’ is closed to new replies.