Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 2 weeks of biking bliss
  • Tracey

Just got turned round from 2 weeks of bliss in the Alps with Bike Verbier. I thought the old set up was good but the new one has risen the bar somewhat. We stayed in the new chalet which is based in Etiez. The accommodation is better, the food was first class but the main thing the new location has, is the access to even more exiting trails beyond the Verbier lifts. Did the St Bernards pass from the front and the back, the epic Brazilian [thanks to everyone who helped carry the girls bikes to the top] and numerous other new trails. Katie got to play on the downhills for her birthday at Crans Montana in the afternoonafter cleaning Gateway to Heaven for the first time in the morning.

The girls have ridden everything with no complaints, I'm such a proud mum.

We have been to Verbier for the last 7 years, enjoyed it every time, but this year has been by far the best. Booked for next year already.

Thanks to every one for a first class holiday.

http://kevinlawton6103.fotopic.net/c1742548.html

If you want some fantastic riding its well worth the visit

Tracey

freeridenick
    Free Member

Great stuff, you must be the longest "regulars" there! GSB is a great ride.

clareymorris

God I want to be a member of your family!!!!

Tracey

Would love to adopt you but no more bike space in the garage and would have to get a bigger car

The girls thought the GSB was the best ride, I just loved them all, along with the new black over the back.

Tracey

clareymorris

Just checked out all of the photos – really really fantastic. the kids are totally loving it aren't they….you are jusitifiably proud 😀

Tracey

Girls like it each year but this year they have rode their socks off. It was a hard two weeks with some big up hills and very long downhills but they just got on with it.
    Katie always complains at home when she has to climb but she never complained over there.

Tracey

Drac

Awesome as ever and must get back out keep saying next year but never worked out for ages now. However, I'm determined to get next year for sure.

Tracey

Drac you would love the new chalet and trails. You can even use Phils boat in the lake, which nearly did a Titanic on its maiden voyage.

Tracey

Drac

Yeah hear such much about the new things really do sound good.

roundwheels
    Free Member

abit to dusty for me

Megatron

was great to meet you all out there, and yes Lucy and Phil run an amazing place! was very impressed.
    had a quick look through the pics, so happy there are non of me slowly picking my way down the mountains…
    just got to plan my next trip now! 😀

Michael

Potter
    Free Member

stunning
    looking to do something like this next year,is it easy enough to organise flights etc??

langy
    Free Member

fly to geneva or zurich; it's switzerlan, nothin is really too far away.

St bernard is the bomb in the winter on skis – must be awesome fun in the summer on the bike…

Tracey

Potter
    If you want the best out of a trip to the Alps then its well worth the exra money to go with one of the good bike holiday companies on all inclusive. They will show you the best in the area for your standard of riding. With the cost of eating out in the Alps now a weeks allinclusive is good value for money

Tracey

GolfChick
    Free Member

the Alps is brilliant, full stop! we did a week there about three/four weeks back and we're now planning an epic trip to go for two whole months next year! Already cant wait!! we'll be driving so will be able to drive around a bit to other areas near by.

Tracey

Michael

Glad you had a great time and I hope if we are out there together again that you will have brushed up on your arm wrestling skills to rescue a damsel in distress. It will take a lot of guts and/or some bodyguards to get me in that bar again.

Mail me with your email address, we took over 400 pics and although we only did a couple of rides together I think they may be one ore two in there. Sarah will probably have some at the start of the Toboggan but shes not home till tomorrow

Hope to see you in the Peaks soon

Tracey

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘2 weeks of biking bliss’ is closed to new replies.