Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2 month old bike (Cube AMS130) Pivot play what…
  • postierich
    Free Member

are my brothers plan of action.
    Bought from JE James against my advice told him to go for a Canyon but he got talked into a Cube by the staff.
    Now he has ridden it about 8 times mostly tame stuff untill this weekend and he has never jet washed crashed it hard.I was giving it a once over and lifted the bike up by the back of the saddle and noticed some play which I was very surprised about.It had its first service last week and they said it was fine, where does he stand it getting the pivots/bushings changed?

One more thing do you not get a shock pump with all new bikes with front/rear shocks?

Ta Rich

4ndyB
    Free Member

Generally you don’t get a shock pump with a new bike

Have you checked everything is tight as it should be?

If it is & there’s still play I’d go back to the shop & ask them to have another look at it

stumpy01

Before you go back to the shop and ask their advice, have you checked the bike over properly.

I had a similar thing with my FSR and it was one of the bolts holding the pivots together. It had started to undo (very slightly) and when you lifted the saddle there was a tiny amount of knocking play.
    Tightened it up & it’s been fine since…..

postierich
    Free Member

All bolts checked and pretty sure its a knackered bushing!

andyruss
    Free Member

Should be covered under cubes warrenty. If its the shock bush its an easy fix,2 months is a bit short for wear and tear

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2 month old bike (Cube AMS130) Pivot play what…’ is closed to new replies.