Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 2 frames..
  • wors

But one set of components to swap between them both. Does anybody do it?

BigDummy
    Free Member

This sounds like an awful lot of hassle….

What are you thinking? A full-sus for summer and a hardtail for winter, with similar sorts of geometry?

wors

Yeah something like that.

Northwind

I did it for a while, not all components but quite a few, cranks, wheels, etc. It was a pain in the balls frankly. If you leave the BB and brakes in, and fit each frame with its own shifters and mechs, it's a lot simpler mind. Still, would rather not.

nuke

I'm pretty fickle when it comes to frames and change builds as and when the fancy takes me…tbh I don't find it much hassle. If you have the same headset (FSA XL2 on my frames) and BB (UN54 on my frames) on the separate frames plus full length gear cable, its amazing how quick you can swap a set of bits.

shortcut

Bit like hard work. And it leaves without anything if you break something. No major advantage!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep, done it a few times. Definitely cheaper than shelling out for a new frame when you fancy a change and if you enjoy fettling, then why not?

cookeaa

The main trouble is you'll soon find yourself wanting to kit both frames out permanently…

I've done it before, one set of wheels two bikes, you soon wind up annoyed by even the minor effort of switching wheels about so switching drive, brakes, forks about will become a proper pain in the arse…

Edric64
    Free Member

That sounds like a pain in the ass just buy more bikes

Underhill
    Free Member

+1.

Bike that is

Xylene
    Free Member

I like doing it, but I like to tinker.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

If its just a few bits you'd be alright, but changing everything might be a bit of a pita.

Mind you if you're just gonna change it twice a year i.e. on and off winter bike, it shouldn't be that bad.

BigBob
    Free Member

Well if it was just wheels and a seatpost then I think it would be alright, that would probably be 1 min work tops

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘2 frames..’ is closed to new replies.