Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • 2 Bliss? I don't think so!
  • mattbee

Bought some Storm Control to try out as I’m sick of shredding £50 Schwalbe tyres, 3 in the last 6 months that have split sidewalls.
    The SC may or may not prove to be any good as tyres but I hope their performance isn’t dictated by the ‘ease’ of inflating them!
    Mavic UST rims, Stan’s sealant and a compressor, it’s still taken me a few hours to get them inflated. I’ve left them at 45 psi after jiggling and shaking for a good 10 min, hanging up so no weight is on them. If they aren’t still even slightly inflated in the morning I think I’ll have an episode.

No reall point to this post, but shared pain is cathartic. Off to prepare for tomorrow’s ride with a few glasses of Rioja now…

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I’ve not really had any problems with 2bliss tyres; the 2.0 captain sometimes needs some encouragement but providing I shape and inflate them first with a tube they usually inflate easily.

Sounds like you are a tubeless veteran just to check – are you coating the side walls as per the stans video I.e holding wheel infront of you and waggling it towards and away from you turning the wheel a little bit each time and then lying on each side for five mins?

ChrisI

I’ve had 4 or more 2bliss tyres (mix of Ground Control and Purgatorys) on my Stans Arch and they’ve all inflated with no sealant and just a track pump. They do weep after a while but doesn’t seem to be detrimental to the sealing of them.

mattbee

It’s annoying, the Captains on my wife’s bike went up on Crest with gaffa tape rim strip just using a track pump. Was almost as quick as using a tube.
    Tbh I think it’s more a problem with the UST rims, when I’ve used true UST tyres they are fine but anything that is ‘only’ tubeless ready seems to be a right old faff.
    Yeah, I’m coating as much of the inside with sealant as possible, it was just a nightmare getting the bead to actually pop into place. Still, if nothing else it gave the neighbors something to talk about, the amount of swearing emanating from the garage must have been quite alarming…

matther01
    Free Member

No issues with any 2bliss’. Been better than my conti’s and schwalbe’s tbh.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

The 2bliss tyres were probably the easiest tyres I’ve done. Duct tape, track pump and washing up liquid.
    Probably not what you want to hear though.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Have you tried Useing some lube/ soap to help the bead slide into place

Had issues today with some conti mountain king cx tyres that went up to 40 psi but still not piped into place , all it took was some silicone spay and the tyre banged right into place

quantockspaul
    Free Member

Have you got the bead sealed before starting to blow up?
    Top tip from oli beckingsale at 4.15

docrobster
    Free Member

Me too. 2bliss tyres always gone up easy on Stan’s rims. Last one was a purgatory on a flow with a rimstrip. Went up with track pump first time. No soap suds needed. Better than maxxis or conti’s ime.

martinhutch

Another one who’s had no trouble with various captains and purgatories, albeit on stan’s rims. Must admit I always inflate with a tube first time on to get them into shape.

shortcut

The Ground Controls are fine on my WTB rims. Assume they are leaking around the beads.

garage-dweller

Ditto for no massive issues. Sidewalls are quite leaky but some halfords advanced car shampoo round the bead (neat or a little diluted) and up with a track pump.

I favor a short ride once sealant is in to help spread it OR paint some sealant over the inside of the tyre before you start. Really helps with leaky tyres.

I usually whack them up to about 50psi. If the bead isn’t on by then it’s not well enough lubed. I then take the pressure down to 35 or so.

I run 819 or old mavic crossland (with shaped rim strip). Both are fine.

leebaxter
    Free Member

Ive had similar problems with storm controls. The purgatorys i use have always gone up with a track pump. I could be wrong but i think they use a slightly looser bead.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup, never had an issue with 2bliss or TLR’s on any of my crests, or 355’s for that matter with just Stans yellow tape. Always gone up with a track pump, and stayed up.

That’s Ground Controls, Captains, Purgatories and Storms.

Just done a set of Bonty TLR’s on DT 470’s with a gaffer tape wrap or two and they’re fine, up with a track pump and have been up for 5 hours so far sat on the floor

smatkins1
    Free Member

I just set up my butcher’s as tubeless. Inflated first time with the track pump, no problems! Even more impressive since I’d already been running these tyres for 6 months and they had a fair few holes in!

stevede
    Free Member

My storm controls have been on various rims tubeless with a track pump and stans jizz. Had them over a year so maybe a dodgy batch of new ones if the pair are dodgy. I’ve used mine on flows, flow ex and en521’s.

traildog
    Free Member

Just to gloat that I have also had zero problems with 2bliss on UST rims. Found them easier than specific UST tyres I’ve had! I realise that doesn’t help you though, sorry..

timb34
    Free Member

I’ve been using Captain Controls on UST rims (shimano MT65s).

Generally they go on with a track pump but only if the bead is as close to being in place as possible. I actually have to work around the tyre pinching the sidewalls and pulling the bead up onto the rim out of the central channel before they’ll pop into place with a track pump. After they’re mounted they’ve been fine, even remounting easily after having a look inside to check sealant levels.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I found the Speshes more difficult on Stan’s 29″ (but then everything seems more difficult on Stan’s…).

2Bliss on 26″ UST rims were precisely zero problem and one of the reasons I bought Spesh when building a 29er.

MartynS

2bliss purgatorys on 719 with a stans Rim strip.. Actually managed to do a repair on the tyre which involved unseating it on one side, and got it re sealed with the pump in my camelback, a mountain morph pump.. And it’s still up..

maxlite
    Free Member

Same here no issues with any 2bliss

bigjim

Butcher and Purgatory 2Bliss go on to Arches straight off with a track pump for me, best tyres I’ve ever used for tubeless.

mattbee

Hmmm. Seems I’m the odd one out then. That’s reassuring though as I will be going through the same process on my new ss build soon. Maybe I just haven’t got the tyre seating touch, or god just hates me…

steve_b77
    Free Member

The rims are straight & ding free aren’t they?

mattbee

Rims fine. Happy to say that when I got the wheels out of the garage this morning they had stayed inflated and were still pretty much at the 40 psi I had left them at.
    No problems riding either, at 30 psi they were fine in the current greasy mud of QECP.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Having torn a side wall this afternoon I’ve just replaced my Captain with a Ground Control Grid easy inflation on a flow rim using a compressor.

This is the first specialized grid / ust tyre I’ve used as normally just go for the 2bliss – whilst its a bit heavier the side walls are much thicker and stiffer; even without sealant there was no air leaking.

Northwind

FWIW I’ve rarely had a tubeless tyre of any sort stay up til it’s been ridden- sloshing around lets it stay up enough to get a quick ride in, and the riding gives it a proper slosh.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘2 Bliss? I don't think so!’ is closed to new replies.