Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2-3 weeks leave pass…what challenge?
  • brack
    Free Member

So you’re given 2- 3 weeks leave pass to do a challenge.

But what would you do ?

Something unique but tough.. Poss including bikes, running, mountains ?

Must be UK or Western Europe

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Deca ironman followed by some r n r?

debaser

I’d be tempted by either

GR 20 on foot

or

HT 550 on a bike

matt_outandabout

I would do a gert big bike ride round some hills and mountains, away from the world.
    Eastern edge of Europe seems to have a good few, less well known, hiking trails.
    OR
    Take a canoe and explore some lonely river somewhere Northern and forested.

khani
    Free Member
    Swelper
    Free Member

Whats the flavour of the challenge, charity, team building, personal achievement………

TransAlps Challenge

as Matt says, hit the maps for Eastern edge of Europe, and crack a big loop out

trevron73
    Free Member

Not Europe i know but Thailand end to end .Nong Khai to Phuket ,do it Jan or Feb to escape the hot weather and rain. Its a touch under 1000 miles and whilst misses most mountain ranges is comparable to London to Brighton but 15 times longer. I would be glad to join you if early next year .I know its not Europe but it is very very epic??

samuri
    Free Member

If it was me I’d cycle round France. No planning, no pre-booking. just chancing it. Set a vague route, get up, ride, try and find somewhere to stay, drink wine, eat cheese, sleep, repeat.

I’d love that more than anything in the whole entire world. It’s my 50th Birthday present to myself (and a Spitfire)

grahamg
    Free Member

I’d have to do a big cycle tour – Spain/France or similar for low costs, criss-crossing Pyrenees, nah, Switzerland/Austria wild-camping, cracking one off along in a sleeping bag under the stars *sighs*

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2-3 weeks leave pass…what challenge?’ is closed to new replies.