Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2 1/2 years and $2bn dollars later – some impressive engineering
  • gobuchul
    Free Member
    spawnofyorkshire

HOW MUCH????!??

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Thought this was another Rocket thread

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes very impressive, I watched the time lapse earlier. I met a guy who worked on the project it was very interesting speaking to him, his normal job is working on oil rig maintenance.

The French are watching this very carefully as they are worried about oil spillage affecting Corsica as they tow the wreck to Genoa.

Peyote
    Free Member

V. impressive engineering, though it reminds me a bit too much of the Chernobyl Sarcophagus…

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Oil spilage?
    Wouldn’t the first step of a vessel recovery (after making it safe to enter) have been extracting all the fuel, oil and lubricants? (And effluents/waste tanks)

chewkw
    Free Member

spawnofyorkshire – Member

HOW MUCH????!??

Ya, of coz it’s expensive. Most companies would jump in to offer some sort of solution in return for good money I mean I bet the cost spiraled in the process. It is such a good opportunity to grab some quick cash I bet many of the companies just jumped in to milk the situation.

Ya, would be better if only the authority could leave it there as a reminded to their stupidity but can be an eye sore …

gobuchul
    Free Member

Looks like they have done it.

Costa Concordia arrives in Genoa

No upset Frenchmen either!

andyl
    Free Member

No upset Frenchmen either!

I wouldn’t go that far. There are always upset Frenchmen.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2 1/2 years and $2bn dollars later – some impressive engineering’ is closed to new replies.