Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 1×10 (Shorter) Chainring Bolts
  • dsb181
    Free Member

Could somebody tell me what length replacement chainring bolts I’d need to swap from a 3x to a 1x set up.
    The chainring I’ll use is a Hope IBR & Shimano FC-M552 chainset if it makes any difference.

Preferably available on CRC & black.

How about these or is 10mm too long?
    Clicky

jamiep
    Free Member

Not CRC or black, but Charlie The Bikemonger does the short ones for single chainrings for only a fiver

cp

The ID ones as linked on CTBM amongst other websites are great – basically you just want a singlespeed/single ring chainring bolt. Loads of options out there, choose your price!

jamiep
    Free Member

Available in Black from CRC. These are the correct ones – the reviews indicate they have been used on single speeds

JamesD
    Free Member
    Gachet
    Free Member

I remember reading in a review that the Hope IBR rings come with specific chainring bolts. Might be worth checking as single ring bolts are at least £10 for 4.

Simon

File your existing bolts down to fit.

dsb181
    Free Member

Thanks all for being so helpful!
    Simon – I’d like to keep the original ones incase I need to swap back to 3x or 2x

The single speed ones on the CTBM website are out of stock at the moment.

I only said I’d prefer CRC is because my shopping kart is at £68 and I think I can use one of the codes to subtract £10 if I was to spend £75.

I’ll try to find out if the hope chainring comes with the bolts!

Thanks again

dsb181
    Free Member

Yea the Hope IBR Doesn’t come with the shorter chainring bolts apparently.

cp
    FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Simon – I’d like to keep the original ones incase I need to swap back to 3x or 2x

You wont 😉

dsb181
    Free Member

I went for these in the end.
    Thank you all for the help and advice!

Paceman
    Free Member

Charlie The Bikemonger does the short ones for single chainrings for only a fiver

+1 these are good

gamo
    Free Member

Just used the black xt torx one’s that were on the chainset and worked fine.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘1×10 (Shorter) Chainring Bolts’ is closed to new replies.