Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 1×10 or 1×9 photo's!
  • Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Thinking of trying 1×10 on my XC bike.Could i have photos of your set ups? Good and bad experiences? Been looking at the Renthal ring but not so sure i like the gold tint! Yes i know,tart!
    Thanx Max

StuE
    Free Member

Not a great pic,1×9 34T Renthal chainring and 12-36 cassette
    url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/stue1/4239842139/][/url]
    IMG_2642 by StuE1, on Flickr[

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

my solitude with 1×10 – e.13 guide ring, 32t, 11-36 XT cassette, short (or is it med) cage XT mech, superstar guide.

currently in my ex’s garage in london 😥

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

E13 LS1 for my 1×9 set up. Works very well, but I have also been impressed by the straitline silent guide on Arthur Scargill’s Alpine.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

mamadirt
    Free Member

Haven’t run a front mech since the late 90s – I had intended to link to ‘mama’s bikes’ on my fotopic but most of them are singlespeed 🙄 . . . oh, go on, have a look anyway 😆

I’ve only been using a proper chain device for the past year or so (eThirteen LG1+) – before that I managed just fine with a bodged roller made from an old DMR chain-guide seat-tube mount, and DMR/MRP roller.

tang
    Free Member

xt 1×10, still running the old middle ring off the chainset with no issues(needs changing soon, so an unramped longer toothed ring to replace). jumpstop, bash and wipperman connex chain runs smooth.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

40 x 26
    11 – 34

2 x 1 x 9!!
    Regards

ianv
    Free Member

IMG_2726 by ianvincent, on Flickr

37 Blackspire front, mrp with taco as the spark has a pretty low bb.

nickwatson
    Free Member

My Whyte 19, mpr 36t chainring, e13 turbo bash, n-gear jumpstop. Runs smooth and silent, although the chain has dropped inwards a few times when bouncing round in the peaks (a bit of adjustment to the jumpstop seems to have cured it) …

Nick

rOcKeTdOg

no chain device needed if you have the right chainring, 6 months of 1 x 9 and chain hasn’t come off once

Pegasus 1 x 9 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Angry-pirate
    Free Member

i also run 1×9 on a blue pig and use only a jumpstop thing like one of the pics above, it workds really well

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

1 * 9

singlespeedstu

Fat 1×9.

32t On One stainless chainring, Supershite guide and 11-36 block.

Will change to a shorter Shimano mech when the Sram one dies. (So shouldn’t be too long then.)

Works great.

hanging around by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

ajantom

If you don’t like the gold tint on the Renthal – you’ll hate this 😆

Johnbot
    Free Member

e13 32T and superstar chain guide

7hz
    Free Member

1xn rocks. Been running my bog standard 3×9 in the middle ring only for the last few months in preparation for the change. Think I am now ready to jettison the big ring, granny, front derailleur, and all the rest of the useless annoying junk, and simplify!

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Thanx for all the replies! I am mainly interested in the XC set ups with the single top guide.Am planning on a 36 tooth chainring for XC racing with 10 speed 11-36 block.Whats everyones experience with rings? Mainly interested in the Renthal ring and E-thiteen.
    Thanx Max

rOcKeTdOg

renthal rings are excellent

Angry-pirate
    Free Member

I used 1×9 with a 36 front and 11-36 back on my blue pig hardtail, I just had to switch back to 32t though, it transformed the way it rides, it was just soo hard on steep hills with a 36 on

Angry-pirate
    Free Member

And in regards to Renthal rings, it feels like plastic its so light, and the teeth are so long I don’t think you would need a chaindevice, proper awesome bit of kit, my favourite bit on my bike lol

SamB
    Free Member

Can’t comment about Renthal chainrings but E13 chainrings are tip-top – I’ve had four 1×9 setups across various bikes and never had a problem with E13 rings. Light, look good, lots of colours available, and they do odd sizes (35T anyone?)

rOcKeTdOg

And in regards to Renthal rings, it feels like plastic its so light, and the teeth are so long I don’t think you would need a chain device

+1

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Well finally gone for a e13 ring.I have been told the Renthal rings are not compatible with 10 speed chains! Sorts out the gold tint problems!
    Thanx Max

swoosh
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a Middleburn Uno ring to go with my Pauls Chain Keeper. Hopefully that should sort the chain falling off. Might even stick a picture up when it’s all on.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘1×10 or 1×9 photo's!’ is closed to new replies.