Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 1×10 Gnarmaccers – which LH brake lever?
  • paul4stones

Running 1×10 on drop bars what do you use for the LH, cable brake? I have an old (broken) sora shifter but it’s nowhere near as good as the newer Tiagra I have on the RH and a slightly different shape. I see SRAM do a LH lever only but can’t find a Shimano equivalent. What do others do?

richardthird

I use std pair of 5700 shifters and just use the left as a brake. Simple and will be easy to sell on one day.

wiggles
    Free Member

On the SRAM ones you can just take a pin out and remove the shift lever. Not sure on Shimano and wouldn’t be as good anyway as the brake lever would still swivel.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Of course if you were truly GNAR , the left hand lever would control the dropper post, or the missile launcher… 🙂

paul4stones

Yes!

Speshpaul

“Of course if you were truly GNAR , the left hand lever would control the dropper post, or the missile launcher… ” Beard wax dispenser!”

onandon
    Free Member

I use sram force and remove the lever. The other bike has force cx1 and the levers/ hoods feel the same.

jmatlock
    Free Member

I use a Shimano 5800 Brifter and used a dremel to neatly snip off the shift lever.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I just left the lever in place on my sram rival hydros.

Its not like it gets in the way is it? plus I change bikes like underwear so will probably sell them on in a year or so. I don’t sell underwear on.

cookeaa

On my 1×9 Bridalslayer I am using an R400 singlespeed LH lever with a 4500 RH brifter, which is OK, bit of a mismatch…

But I have also just fitted a pair of tektro RL520 (higher cable pull levers) to my SS commuter which I am using with MTB cable discs, those are quite good IMO and of course allows you to use MTB calipers…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘1×10 Gnarmaccers – which LH brake lever?’ is closed to new replies.