Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 1×10 conversion with Shimano road 10sp levers and MTB 9sp rear mech
  • theonlywayisup
    Free Member

So, reading around I think I understand the cable pull issues and the need to use a MTB 9sp rear mech with my 10sp shifter.

I’m just curious as to what people have done with their LH lever now the gear shifting capabilities of the LH lever are no longer required. I’m guessing most folk will just keep using the same lever as a brake, which would keep the feel of LH and RH levers the same.

Has anyone bought a new LH lever that is just a brake? I’m running Shimano 105 (ST-5703) levers. Anything similar in shape/feel?

tang
    Free Member

Or get a lindarets road link and use your road mech with a big cassette? Thats what I did, cheap too.

davidjey
    Free Member

I’m not sure why you’d bother swapping the LH lever…I suppose it could save you about 50g….

D0NK

My cx was SS originally and was considering buying a RH brifter only, but managed to get some 105s off of here with a borked LH shifter and cut off the paddle. Again 9spd mtb derailleur. In a discussion not too long back it was said that you *need* a shadow mech if running an 11-36 cassette. I’ve got one currently but was hoping to use a standard mech, not had chance to try yet tho.

ianfitz
    Free Member

I ran a 36 with a 105 medium cage. A bit of b screw tweaking was needed but it worked fine.

Currently have a praxis 11-40, xt (9 speed) rear mech working great with a road link. 38 at the front reAlly good all round range for a CX bike that gets used as a go anywhere type bike too

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘1×10 conversion with Shimano road 10sp levers and MTB 9sp rear mech’ is closed to new replies.