Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 1×10 chain ring choices (size)
  • neil853
    Free Member

I’m looking to make my full sus bike easier to climb. Currently, due to availability of a cheap chainset running a 34t chainring and a 11-36t cassette. I’m thinking of just getting a 30t chainring, but the option is there to get a cassette extender, what do we think? Experiences?

chrishc777
    Free Member

Obviously with an extender you get more range so it is the better option. Extenders are now dead cheap from superstar although I use oneup on both bikes so can’t comment on the quality of the SS ones. As the prices are now about the same the only real con for an extender is that you have to set it up, it’s easy enough but only if you know what you are doing!

Edit: Either way if you buy from superstar use BANKUK to get 25% off

sparkyrhino

Works well for me,gets me up most climbs(Peaks/Dales etc)with Panache 8O,don’t notice the lack of top end speed either.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

34 on the full sus am/enduro with 40t rear, 32 with 42 rear on the XC bike. So if you are me and ride where I do like me that’s probably a good answer.

chrishc777
    Free Member

36t ring with 42t expander on both bikes here

Northwind

Works Components have a discount on their stuff this weekend too, ime it’s just a bit better made and the price is very close.

neil853
    Free Member

Great help guys cheers, gone for the works components cassette extender 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘1×10 chain ring choices (size)’ is closed to new replies.