Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 18 year old Ray-Bans
  • jamesy01
    Free Member

Found my old Ray-Bans in a drawer the other night, is there a website that can be used to identify the model and is there a decent second hand market for them?

Rough description, gold wrap around frame, bronze coloured B&L lense.

If they weren’t so damn heavy I’d start wearing them again…

hammyuk
    Free Member

Buy a flightsuit and rent them both out as “Maverick fancy dress costume….”

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I put a pair of 20 year old ray bans on ebay, only to have the listing removed, and they couldn’t explain why. Apparently, they thought they were dodgy, but weren’t allowed to explain to me.

Another reason not to sell on that bloody place.

I’m in the same boat, don’t know which model they are.

T666DOM

The model number should be written along the inside of the side, not sure about old Ray Bans but new ones start with RB then 4 numbers for the frame code, and 4 for the colour code, some sunspec models will have an additional code for the lens tint colour. Bridge & lens size is usually on the inside of the bridge, something like 59 [] 17

HTH

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Sound like Aviators not sure about vintage value but to hazard a guess I would say these aren’t old enough as the original glasses date back to the 1940’s.

bol

I still wear my 25 year old raybans in the car. They go in and out of fashion every few years, but the lenses are still fantastic. Don’t think they’re worth a fraction of what they’d cost to replace, and I like the fact they currently embarrass my children.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I think aviators are in at the moment, I gave my 30 year old ones away to my god-daughter and she wears them, although probably doesn’t look after them 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘18 year old Ray-Bans’ is closed to new replies.