Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 170mm fork on Santa Cruz Blur LT2?
  • JamieMc
    Free Member

Pretty much as the title says. Been looking at a set of Marzocchi 55 RC3 Evo Ti forks but they are 170mm travel and the blur is only really meant to be up to 160mm. Will it really make a difference?

On a similar note any other 160(ish)mm fork suggestions welcome

nobbyq
    Free Member

hi ive got fox 36s on my ltc ! works great , climbing can be tricky so with an extra 10mm ?? might not be ideal

mikewsmith
    Free Member

36 RLC or a 150mm – runs fine with a 140 too. It depends on the axle to crown but I would say its a bit too much. What do you plan on doing with it with all that fork?

JamieMc
    Free Member

im running 150 revs at the moment but looking for a set of 36 type forks for a change. Not too keen on Fox though as i’ve been through 3 sets in the past, all wearing out in the same places.

I agree that 170mm is probably a bit much but they get such good reviews. BOS devilles are up there but the customer service puts me off a bit

honourablegeorge

Dunno if it’s still the case, but MArz A2C measurements were always longer than fox by about 10-15mm – if that’s still the case, then you’re looking at 20-25mm more than than a Fox/RS 160. Chopper.

JamieMc
    Free Member

yeah i think the Marzocchi’s might be a little on the big side to be honest. back to the drawing board…

Lakes_Puma

nobbyq – Member

hi ive got fox 36s on my ltc ! works great , climbing can be tricky so with an extra 10mm ?? might not be ideal

Hey Nobby I’m just building up a 2012 LTc with 36 Talas RC2’s I was worried that 160mm might be a bit long as the general consensus seems to be 150mm are a nice fit.

How do you find it with the 36’s?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I thought about this for quite a while earlier in the year as I needed a bike for a big trip around Europe. I felt my BLT2 with 140mm forks was a bit too steep (old Blur, not slacker carbon one) and was thinking about buying a second FS bike.

In the end I went for 160mm coil Lyrics with travel adjust and a set of off-set bearings to slacken things more. Worked a treat. I had thought I’d go back to shorter forks when I got home, but I havent bothered (and put then on a hard tail instead). I dont wind the forks down that often either.

170mm should be OK, might invalidate any potential warranty claim though. I’d go for 160mm in your position, plenty enough for anywhere I am going to ride.

I saw a carbon BLT recently with Fox 36s and a shorter stroke shock installed to slacken things, looked really good and apparently rides better all round than a Nomad. Was very jealous….

devonlife
    Free Member

JamieMc posted on your other posts”

JamieMc I have a 6 month old bos deville trc 160 for sale with box and reciept 1 1/8th steerer for sale if your interested. Ran it on my nomad and its truly the best fork i have ever ridden.

get in touch if your interested.

JamieMc
    Free Member

devonlife YGM forgot to ask in my mail, what length is the steerer?

nobbyq
    Free Member

[quoHey Nobby I’m just building up a 2012 LTc with 36 Talas RC2’s I was worried that 160mm might be a bit long as the general consensus seems to be 150mm are a nice fit.

How do you find it with the 36’s?te]

i ve had mine for 4 months , love it , took it to the alps last month ,only issue is climbing ,front gets twitchy on the steep stuff , but talas should sort that out !!!

devonlife
    Free Member

Jaimemc – its uncut!

devonlife
    Free Member

ps where did you email? email is npy@hotmail.com

JamieMc
    Free Member

devonlife sent it to the address you give above. Maybe check your spam box?

devonlife
    Free Member

sorry mate not come through….stupid hotmail!

JamieMc
    Free Member

My Email is in my profile jamie DOT mccreath AT gmail DOT com if you just send me a mail i’ll reply with my original message.

devonlife
    Free Member

done

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘170mm fork on Santa Cruz Blur LT2?’ is closed to new replies.