Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • £16m funding to boost 'adventure tourism' across Wales
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north+east+wales-10632332

Sounds good – and a classic photo of a probable faceplant in the article too1

whytetrash

Happy days…more rider coming here the merrier I say 😆

wwaswas

what an utterly bizarre image to chose to accompany the article.

roach

Anybody know what's planned for Afan?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

That is VERY cool indeed!

LoCo
    Free Member

All good stuff planned for Gethin sounds really interesting plus some more trails at Cwmcarn too, I half way between the two as well 8)

loddrik
    Free Member

Brilliant. I'd love to see a 20m+ trail begin and end at Llandegla but take in some of the surrounding hills. Be nice if penmachno saw some of the cash though…

backhander
    Free Member

In south Wales, more than £5m will be spent trying to create the "best all-round, purpose-built trail centre in the UK" at Afan Forest Park in Neath Port Talbot.
    The project will also include a "world-leading commercial bike park" in the Heads of the Valley area at Gethin Woods in Merthyr Tydfil.

Sounds good to me.

KidCragg
    Free Member

loving the face plant picture 😀

£16 million to build a few trail centres 😯
    How much does a truck load of stone and a week's hire of a mini digger cost ?
    I'd expect both ends of Offa's Dyke joined up by a full length coastal path for that money.

Karinofnine

Sounds wicked, I love Wales anyway and this will make it even better and there will still be wild untouched stuff for people to ride or walk on.

I hope there will be training sessions on being pleasant to visitors?

LoCo
    Free Member

Karinofnine cafe staff by any chance?

surfer
    Free Member

Llandegla staff surely not. Bloke in the shop fixed my lads broken peddle and wouldn't accept payment only a donation to the air ambulance.
    Top bloke.
    Girls in the caf top notch also! if only I was 20 years younger!!

peteimpreza

Will this also include some sort of security to stop the locals nicking our bikes?

nasher
    Free Member

Will be interesting to see what the dee valley link to corwen will be….its all farmland!!!!

Riding mountain bikes through farmland. 😯
    The very idea.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘£16m funding to boost 'adventure tourism' across Wales’ is closed to new replies.