Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 160mm Pikes on Intense Carbine reduced to 140 will I die?
  • pipiom
    Free Member

I’m seriously considering getting the new Carbine but am wary of the 160mm Pikes up front….I love the Tallboy’s geometry and at 140mm it’s more than ample for what we do
    Question 1; does the Pike just come as an adjustable unit or is it in different sizes

Question 2 ; do you think it would be feasible to run a 140mm on it when it’s designed for a 160mm

Any advice would be appreciated

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I guess you’ve got to be wary of steepening the head angle if you reduce the travel. I don’t see what the issue is with having the extra 20mm of travel though. Means you can run them a bit plusher.

messiah
    Free Member

Pinkbike review

From this review I think it would work quite well with 140mm forks as more of a trail bike; perhaps putting the 160mm forks on it and pushing it towards AM/Enduro is removing it from it’s more natural home?

Nice dilemma to have… you can always try it with 140mm and if you think you need more change the air-spring in the Pike for a 160mm.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

My 160mm Pike is only about 5mm longer than my 150mm Revs were.

So it’s not 20mm too long, might only be 15mm too long. Run them plush, if it’s all wrong, buy a kit from Loco to reduce the travel to 150mm.

goodgrief
    Free Member

It’s not a case of them being too long though is it?! The carbine is designed around a 160mm fork. If you don’t need that much travel get a bike with less travel, maybe a spider.

maico
    Free Member

The dual air version of the Pike 160 can be locked down to 130mm of travel.

http://www.actionsports.de/gb/Components/Forks/Rear-Shocks/Suspension-Forks/Rock-Shox-Pike-RCT3-29-Dual-Position-Air-white::59950.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘160mm Pikes on Intense Carbine reduced to 140 will I die?’ is closed to new replies.