Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 160/170mm air fork, is Lyrik still the best option?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Looking for a 160 or 170mm single crown fork to go on my Voltage to replace the Sektor which is a bit small and flexy for this kind of bike. Ideally I want air as I find I sit inbetween coil weights with Rock Shox – normal is a bit too soft so I use a firm which is a bit too hard. I want something ideally with high and low speed compression adjust as well as the usual rebound. Not arsed about travel adjust, lockout or anything like that as I’d never use it. Ideally a tapered or straight 1’1/8″ steerer so I don’t have to buy another stem to use a 1.5″.

So do I just try and find one of the 170mm air Lyriks or is there something else worth looking at? I’m quite loyal to Rock Shox as they’ve always been good for me in terms of feel and reliability. Had a Marz 55 RC3 (an older model, not the ti version) and didn’t like it – heavy and felt very notchy if I used the air preload, which I needed to use..

Tracey

We run Pikes and Lyriks 160mm airs and have to say that I think the Pikes are a better fork. If you want some air Lyriks On One were selling them last week in both air travel at £399

_tom_
    Free Member

Oh should have mentioned I’m buying 2nd hand unless theres a good new deal to be had, budget is gonna be about £300 max. New Pikes look nice but probably a bit over budget.

Tweakie
    Free Member

tom, check your inbox – just sending you a mail..

hainman
    Free Member

Marzocchi 55’s??

pbooker1995
    Free Member

X fusion vengeance are a good bet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘160/170mm air fork, is Lyrik still the best option?’ is closed to new replies.