Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 160 miles? in 45 min? really Endomondo?
  • lovewookie

Can’t figure out what’s going on with Endomondo at the moment.

got myself a new phone, Android 4.2, have the latest version of the app, it’ tracks the route accurately enough but seems to be about a factor of 15 out on distance!

Just in from a quick 10 miler and it’s telling me I’ve done 160 odd.

Only thing I can find on the interweb is about glitches in CyanogenMod10, but I’m using stock ROM. Maybe it’s a problem with 4.2 itself?

anyone else had this issue?

wwaswas

Switch to Strava and revel in the KOM’s?

seriously, try something like Strava and see if you get the same problem.

lovewookie

Strava seems to import them OK, will give it a go next time I’mm out and see if I can get it to work.

Anything other than Strava worth getting? CBA getting into KOM etc..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

either ride slower or just ignore them, like the training diary and distance/elevation/hours ridden challenges.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Strava is no more reliable in my experience.

Last week I did 65k of open moorland under a cloudless blue sky and it recorded only a third the ride with a big straight line between where it stopped and started working again.

Also last week I did 20k round local woods, but strava tells me that actually I went to Belgium and then did a 50k loop (not even the same shape or direction as what I actually rode) round goodness knows where, at an average speed of 450kph. Because I travelled there by as the crow flies by sea I also got 500k extra on my ‘dirt search’ count as it was ‘offroad’. 😕

andytherocketeer

probably 1-2 duff data points at the start or something. eg where the GPS was last used.

Strava makes data up too, but IME, it conjures up some extra altitude rather than distance, so makes it look like you could leave Froome and Quintana standing on an Alpine ascent.

colonelwax
    Free Member

According to Endomondo, my top speed is 1615.7 mph. My legs were quite tired after that ride mind, so must be true.

retro83
    Free Member

Export the data from the Endo website, and look at it in something like Adze. You’ll probably find some garbage data which you can trim off/correct.

lovewookie

I’m hoping it’s my new phone. Enabled A-GPS and EPO now (maybe I wil get 100mph then…)

I’ve got a 1 mile ride from work to home, I’ll see what it thinks….

toby1

Bought a 29er recently?

lovewookie

lol.

jedimaster
    Free Member

try runtastic mountain bike, i run it on 4.2.2 with no problems

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘160 miles? in 45 min? really Endomondo?’ is closed to new replies.