Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 16 inch Blue Pig or 18 inch Mmmbop?
  • jeffs

I’ve picked up a used Blue Pig, with the idea of putting the parts onto my new Mmmbop frame.
    I’m 6ft so the BP is small. But since I’m mainly going to use it for play and learning skills and jumps does that matter?
    If I keep the BP I could send the Mmmbop back to CRC, wouldn’t need new headset and build and could save £200+.

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m about 6′ and I have a 16″ MmmBop. I can ride it all day more or less, but it’s so much fun on descents it should probably be illegal.

Keep the tiny one.

Northwind

I’m 5’10 and a 16″ Mmmbop was too small. And I don’t mean subjectively too small, I mean “400mm seatpost significantly too short” too small. The Bop’s the better bike IMO but leaving that aside if that Pig’s not too small for you, you must have weird stumpy legs.

flyingmonkeycorps

I do have proportionally quite short legs, it’s true. 😳

With thin flats and shoes I need a Ragley seatpost at around number 4, with spuds and chunksome shoes it’s on 2.

BadlyWiredDog

Why not ride the Blue Pig and see what you think?

jeffs

I am riding the Blue Pig. So far only on speed humped roads, but it should get a better work out tonight.
    But I can’t ride the Mmmbop to compare.
    Northwind: why do you say the Bop’s better than the Pig?

Northwind

Mainly just the significant weight difference but the 1.5 steerer gives you versatility too. The Pig does have an edge with having a less drastically stiff rear end- the Bop kind of needs a decent sized rear tyre IMO- but not enough to make me want to drag around an anvil, basically.

Nothing against steel bikes, I have a Soul as well but it didn’t bring enough advantage, for my taste.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘16 inch Blue Pig or 18 inch Mmmbop?’ is closed to new replies.