Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 15mm Maxle help!
  • mansonsoul
    Free Member

I got my nice brand new set of 2011 Rock Shox Revelations with a 15mm Maxle last week, and my 15mm adapters for my Pro 2 wheel just arrived.

And the axle won’t go through the forks and the hub. The axle installs fine without the wheel, but with the wheel in it won’t even go through the first of the adapters.

I’m panicing now.

Help.
    😥

akira

Stupid question but you sure it’s not a 20mm Maxle?
    Does the Maxle fit through the hub?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Yes, my old forks were 20mm maxle Pikes, with this same wheel. The axle is definitely 15mm, and can slide through the hub when it isn’t in the forks, but as soon as I go to install them on the bike, it won’t go through.

akira

Sounds like the hub isn’t lining up correctly, sometimes with my 20mm Revs I need to do a bit of a jiggle to get the Maxle in.
    Disc fouling caliper or something maybe, try peering through and seeing if it is all lined up and if not poke it with a stick.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I’ve not got the disk caliper on yet. I can’t see why the hub wouldnt line up correctly unless the fork legs had been manufactured wrong. The horrible thing is that I’ve already cut the steerer, put on the crown race and the star fangled nut. So I hope Merlin would replace them if they are duff.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Will the maxle go through the hub off the fork?

akira

How easily does the hub fit into the forks?
    Tricky to diagnose without seeing it to be honest.
    Pic might help maybe.
    But it must be the interface between the hub and the fork thats causing the problem.

ojom
    Free Member

Seen this. Fork warranty- they have been miss manufactured. Call your retailer to get fishers to organise a new set.

float
    Free Member

id say this happend to me, but on my maxle lite sektors i could at least get it throught the first adapter, but not the second. i fixed my problem by grabbing some wet and dry sandpaper and filing down the inside of each adapter untill it slid through.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I’ve had a look at the forks again. The axle definitely won’t go in. The 15mm axle adaptors are put in correctly, and there can’t be anything else wrong with the wheel as I’ve been using it on a 20mm pike for a few years. I’m going to call merlin and hopefully get it sorted. I’ll post back up here with how it goes in case anyone else has the same problem.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Quick update: I have phoned Merlin, and upon explaining the issue, they said this was a known problem with certain batches of 2011 Rock Shox forks, and it will be a warranty replacement. I’ve posted the forks back so fingers crossed.

So anyone buying some 2011 Rock Shoxs, probably best to check the wheel fits in before you fit them to your bike!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘15mm Maxle help!’ is closed to new replies.