Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 150mm droppers…
  • vincienup
    Free Member

Previously I’ve wondered about a longer dropper on my FS but talked myself out of it.

Last night riding some quite steep stuff on my recently built Solaris though, I was definitely catching my shorts on the saddle and really wanted it lower than it was. The setup on this bike (me 178, quite long legs – bike medium) has me having the 125 post at the safe insert limit mark. I’d normally like it a little lower. I’m thinking a 150 dropper might be on my shopping list someday soon. Is there anything I need to know about them? No possibility of internal routing, Lev or Lev DX would be my default choice. I assume it’s something Nout the 29er geo, I don’t have the same issue on a Soul275 with 125mm post.

tomhoward

170mm reverb on my fs 29er, no geo issues. Why would there be?

hainman
    Free Member

had a 125mm reverb on my Medium reign,when i bought my Bird i got the 150mm,i found on the reign i had about 3″ of actual post out of frame plus the dropper,now on the 150 its much better,post and saddle are out of harms way for the steeper tech stuff

kayak23

No need to rule out internal routing. I’ve drilled 3 frames for it now with zero issues. You have to be a bit careful obviously.

I think the main thing to watch with the longer posts is whether you have enough insertion space available. If you have an interrupted seat tube or one with a bend for example this becomes an issue.

I was in contact with Cotic before I bought my Rocket trying to figure out if I could fit a 150mmm Reverb. In the end I was fine with a 125mm. I don’t think a 150 would have worked for me at full extension at my height. Borderline anyway.

It’s defo the geo of individual frames. I had a Transition Trans am before and was fine with a 125mm dropper. Moving to my PP Oka, I really needed the extra drop of the 150. Both 27.5″
    Perfect now.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Check your frame can take the subterranean length.

lots of frames have shock mounts or curves in the seat tube, check it will fit.

sprocker
    Free Member

Fox transfer external and 150mm

vincienup
    Free Member

@tom, I meant more that I guess it’s the geo of the specific frame model that means my normal choice isn’t good…

Um. Fox Transfer. So, my preference for Levs has been a combo of never having had a fault and the cable junction box. Any external post where the cable/hose moves with the saddle isn’t going on my bike. I hated the droopy hose on my old Reverb. Fox are light on pics but it looks in the manual as if there’s simple pivot lever with integral cablestop near the collar? Is there any real reason not to get the Performance model? £217 is quite tempting…

sprocker
    Free Member

No reason not to get performance I have one it’s really good

skybluestu
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the ks lev is going to do their 175mm post external or just integra? I can see it as options on some websites but not available anywhere?

nosedive
    Free Member

Giant contact switch swappable cable routing + 150mm travel option

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘150mm droppers…’ is closed to new replies.