Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • £1500 to spend – good hardtail or good bouncer type quandary
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’ve got £1500 to spend.

I won’t be out 4 times a week, it’s more of a “if I get the chance bike’. I’ve got a CX and carbon road bike at moment and i’d like an MTB after not having one for a few years.

I’ve had a whole host of bikes in past and know the pro’s and con’s of this Vs that etc but i’m genuinely torn. I won’t be doing anything more extreme than a trail centre but comfort is a bit of an issue.

I like bouncy 29ers, but not getting them up hills.

I like HT’s on the way up, but not as much on the way down.

I’ve kind of rattled it down to either a Genesis High Lattitude 29er (like having a dropper thrown in )
    or an Orange Crush (looks quite hardcore

or a Giant 27.5 3 bouncer (have a Giant road bike and think the quality is A1)

help me decide

tillyfishes
    Free Member

What about a Bird Zero?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Depends on your riding really. My BFe is a hoot on the way down. I think that is a tough price point to pick one or the other.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

What about a Bird Zero?

never heard of it, but googled it and my god that’s a nice bike – good lead. 😆

curto80
    Free Member

I’ve got an almost brand new canyon nerve i’m practically giving away for £775 so buy that and take it on holiday with the change*?

Usual insincere apologies for the shameless plug in true STW style 😉

Rosss
    Free Member

All depends where your local riding is really, I made the mistake of buying a bike that’s perfect for Wales, uplifts and DH but isn’t ideal riding from the door!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘£1500 to spend – good hardtail or good bouncer type quandary’ is closed to new replies.