Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • £150 for a new light :-)
  • KarlE
    Free Member

Hi Guys,
    I am looking to replace my dead chinese offering with a new light,I have got £150 to spend so any suggestions/recommendations are welcome. Already looked into the Lumen 2200 but they are out of stock for another 4 weeks so what else is out there??
    Cheers

flybywire
    Free Member

Gemini duo 4 cell rrp £174
    1400lumens, lightweight & versatile

somouk
    Free Member

Maybe see if Smudge would do you a lumenator and lumen 800 for £150 instead. That way you get a helmet light and bar light all in one which is a sensible thing to do.

Alternatively grab two lights from C and B Seen.

MoreCashThanDash

C&B Seen are very popular ATM. Thinking of getting a cheap set to tempt my lad into riding at night.

igm

Check Torchy’s offerings.

The Fluxient I got for him 18 months ago is pretty decent.

fodmtb
    Free Member

Plus +1 for Fluxient. Power is amazing, got mine on helmet. Spot and Spread is great. Don’t real need another on the bars

Good uk support from Bikelightsuk too.

Fluxient

KarlE
    Free Member

Cheers guys, am liking the look of the Gemini lights 🙂

daver27
    Free Member

just plumped for a Bikeray

its bloody impressive for little cash

reedspeed
    Free Member

Arnt C & B seen just Chinese stock, as anyone can buy off ebay for £20.00 ?.

Painey
    Free Member

Got a fluxient light too, the 3 led one, not the single. I can’t imagine anyone would ever need something brighter than that. Battery life is great too and the handlebar mount that it clicks onto is nice and secure. None of this rubber o-ring nonsense.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Mapdec sell the same lights as mtbbatteries but for less (they haven’t been rebranded).

Halfords are doing the Gemini Olympia for £150

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/accessories/lights-reflectors/gemini-lights-olympia-1800-lumen-light-system-4-cell

It was £140 a couple of weeks ago when I got one via Cyclescheme. Although I says 1800, I received the newer 2100 lumen (alleged!) version. Note that it comes with the soft pouch battery not the hard case on as shown. On speaking to i-ride, it appears that Halfords order direct from them when an order is placed, and have just not updated their website.

It’s an awesome light.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘£150 for a new light :-)’ is closed to new replies.