Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • £150 Fakengers
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Trying oh so hard. How bad do you think they can be?

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/createbikes

oxym0r0n

Hmmmm…

Hooter
    Free Member

Hi-ten frames = heavy and nasty. Cup and cone BB won’t last long. Otherwise they don’t look that bad for the money. At least they might get more people out on bikes, even if it is such a fashion thing 🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

fair play for £150 it’s not a terrible commuter.

HTTP404
    Free Member

There’s a lot on londonfgss.com about them. Think they come under the name of “unipack”.
    Don’t think they like them much but for £150 they look ok. But don’t expect too much.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Loads of them in london and they are awful, don’t even have a machined braking surface, the ones with red rims are the worst, i hate them…i’d rather ride an apollo.

will
    Free Member

Can’t be that bad for 150 notes…can they?

MrSmith
    Free Member

the chains break on them. bits fall apart the are shit bikes but what do you expect for the price of a decent seatpost and saddle 🙂

bigrich

they will be as good as a 1000 quid fixie though, i.e. completley toss.

naokfreek
    Free Member

yep……

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Bigrich 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You know what, I rather fancy one of those. I imagine the STW massive will lynch me for it, but that could make a fun little bike……

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

fixies have made it down the M4 to Reading!

Last week I saw a guy riding in his sisters jeans, a t-shirt several sizes too small and a roadie cap!

Run for the hills while you still can, I’ve heard we’re safe there.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Own up then. Who’s bought one?

MrSmith
    Free Member

they aren’t as good as a £1k ‘fixie’ as i have done over 9k miles on mine and nothing has fallen off or broken apart from 3 punctures, a worn out chain and one set of tyres. still on the same set of brake pads.

you see quite a few idiots riding unipaks with the rear brake removed but with a frewheel. you also see a lot of people pushing them too due to the broken chains.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Think i’d prefer this for 160

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

HTTP404
    Free Member

to fix a broken chain is a fiver.
    it’s probably hated because its OTP (off the peg) and cheap which doesn’t fit in with the uber niche of the london fixed rider clan.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I might buy one. I fancy trying a fixie just for a laff, and at that price I can’t see much wrong with it. Yeah, the chain might be cack but I’ve got a SRAM PC1 sitting in my tool box and I know how to care for cup and cone BBs: they last ages.

What colour?
    🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

i guess it’s hated for similar reasons people on here hate the £150 bikes sold in halfords as ‘mountainbikes’ with ‘suspension front and rear’.

juan
    Free Member

I quite like them too…
    I am very very very tempted to buy one to commute to be honest…

HTTP404
    Free Member

i guess it’s hated for similar reasons people on here hate the £150 bikes sold in halfords as ‘mountainbikes’ with ‘suspension front and rear’.

The difference is you take a £150 MTB off-road it’s limitations become very obvious very soon. A £150 road bike on the road is another story.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Someone has just parked an FSO (Fixie Shaped Object) outside my office with a bunch spoke cards in the back wheel. Quite tempted to print out a spoke card and add it, but I haven’t quite decided what to put on it.
    Any suggestion?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I am very very very tempted to buy one to commute to be honest…

Yep, me too.
    But I don’t neeeeeeed another bike……
    I have a Roadrat…..

😕

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No Gears, No Ideas

just made that one up, but its probably not original

crazy-legs

Those £150 fixies are awful, PLEASE don’t buy one. It’s enough to put you off cycling for life. They’re heavy, feel totally ‘dead’ to ride and have utterly rubbish equipment that falls apart within weeks.

I’ve had to build up a few of these catalogue bikes in my years in bike shops, all of them from MTB to road to BMX were unbearably dreadful. A normal MTB (say a Rockhopper) took 30-40 mins to build from box to shop floor, all working sweetly. Those bikes took 2hrs or so, bending the frame back into alignment, stripping and rebuilding the hubs cos they were shite, trying to get the brakes to work.

Just. Don’t.

MrSmith
    Free Member

they look the shizzle though. that’s very important to todays yoot.

hora
    Free Member

My fuji track bike cost me £120 2yrs ago (I think it was 2-3yrs old then). So far I have changed the non-driveside crank (worn) and replaced the tyres and wheels. Wheels are Velocity hubs with omega rims in grey/silver. Very discreet. I would wear my sisters jeans if I could however I wouldnt be able to get them above my thighs 🙁

HTTP404
    Free Member

they look the shizzle though

do you mean they can make you look like the c0ck you want to be without spending too much dosh?

mudshark
    Free Member

Maybe better for £275? No brakes….

Fuji track bike

soobalias
    Free Member

if you spend 150notes on a brand new bike……
    dont come crying to me

but if you cannot imagine what might be wrong, try it. a fool and his money and all that.

ourmaninthenorth

I bought a fixed for 160 quid.

But it is for riding on the track only (being a track bike and all)…

MrSmith
    Free Member

they look the shizzle though

do you mean they can make you look like the c0ck you want to be without spending too much dosh.

i don’t know what it means.
    i overheard some urban street kids saying that and figured they were capturing the zeitgeist of the fixie scene.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Can’t believe there have been no comments on the girl in the purple dress, she looks very nice … 🙄

juan
    Free Member

Peter how much for frame and fork on the road rat ;)=

MrSmith
    Free Member

just used a fixed rear hub on the roadrat. the effect will be the same except it will look like you are riding an overpriced hybrid instead of a trendy ‘fixie’

enfht
    Free Member

Can’t believe there have been no comments on the girl in the purple dress

I’d oil her chain!

HTTP404
    Free Member

trendy ‘fixie’

‘trendy’ fixie. 😀

i’d shizzle on her.

soobalias
    Free Member

i love the way people get so wound up by people riding fixed cos its a fashion, even when most of them are on a freewheel

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’d oil her chain!

Beware. She could be a ‘Kronenbourg’

From the back, she looks 16

Turn her round – 64!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘£150 Fakengers’ is closed to new replies.