Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 145th Open
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Glorious weather, course and championship

Nice start this morning…..

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Can we have a quick vote to see whether we agree that women can post on this thread?

fasthaggis

NO,send them back to the kitchen,bedroom, darkages

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes just like they can play the course!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Can we have a quick vote to see whether we agree that women can post on this thread?

Only Subscribers are eligable to vote, so 1-0 for yes of course

Kodi is my friend 😉

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Yes just like they can play the course!

And every other course and have a drink in every other clubhouse?
    Excellent stuff. It’d be quite horrible if this (the exclusion of women) was still a recent event or even still going on.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Glorious weather, course and championship

Weather won’t be quite so glorious tomorrow, back to Ayrshire’s usual wet and windy.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Always want a mix of weather to test the finest

My best weather memory was 36 holes on the Old at St Andrews

First driver and half wedge in morning, driver and 3 iron in the afternoon
    Eighth eight iron in the morning, five wood in the afternoon

Love the challenge of links golf.

BoardinBob

So we’ll punish all golf clubs/tournaments because of the actions of some?

I agree that the rules around women are disgraceful, but Troon has overwhelming voted to get rid of their antiquated rule.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Weather indeed makes the test. My best 11 holes on the old where 3 over par, I won’t tell you the total score but you can guess which holes where into the wind and which where not.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sounds like my last round on the Old a few weeks ago. 2 over after 10 and standing on 11th tee with string cross wind L2R. Good plar: Aim at left bunker to allow the wind to bring it back. Nothing, straight as an arrow and up against the face several feet above my face. End of score!!!!

Itching to play Troon and mini THM frustrated as his is first year in 4 tha he is not working at the Open.

Jordan missing puts today!!!!!

Rockape63
    Free Member

I only played the Old Course once, played quite poorly off the back tees, even hit one oob, but finished par/par for a gross 78. Was not very windy tho! 8)

Looking forward to my annual Links trip in the autumn, playing Trump National, Royal Aberdeen and Cruden bay. Three courses in the WORLD top 75 and all within half an hour of Aberdeen.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Rock I imagine you won’t be buying any branded gear at TN 😉 par/par is to be remembered. I’m sad to say my last golfing trip up to Scotland was 15 years ago (old, new, jubilee, carnoustie). I can’t claim to be any good don’t ever play anything off back tees, mainly a Corproate invite tart. Should get my (beginners) clubs out and start practicing again, future son-in-law and his father play quite regularly.

TMH Jnr getting used to adulthood then !

Beautiful day at Troon

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Weather nowhere nears as bad as I was expecting. Where is the wind?!?

Love Phil’s comment about shedding a tear after a 63.

WTF are these Nike tops?????

Rockape63
    Free Member

Phil nearly holed in 1 at the postage stamp…..soooo close! 😯

Looks like the wind is getting up this afternoon, so Phil’s making hay…again!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Weather grim now. No wind to blow the rain away.

Phil looks like a drowned rat!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m about 5 miles away, and it is horsing it down, and not much wind to blow it through either.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Why do Sky feel the need to spend soo much time talking bollocks about bollocks instead of just showing the golf. We don’t want to see Dougherty hitting shots off mats, or hole by hole reviews of individual rounds……or hasbeen pros in the studio talking more bollocks….we JUST WANT TO WATCH THE FREAKIN GOLF!

****ts!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I had a lovely round at St. Andrews yesterday afternoon. Glorious sunshine and only a light breeze. First time playing with my son. First time at St. Andrews too, so we stuck to the Himalayas 🙂 Rest of it does look lovely though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Just realised this is only on council telly, not BBC. I’m done with the open.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’m done with the open.

Try living in the same town as it. You at least have the 79 as a buffer. Even Largs is getting humped since all trains have been diverted to Ayr.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great start – could be a classic head 2 head

Hope Chris Bonnington Beef has a good round

jambalaya
    Free Member

Will take a glance later after TdF. Would like to see Stenson win a major

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Awesome golf

Hey Phil, how do you fancy a 65 before you go out?

Sure, sorry, just bit your hand off.

Opps

Brilliant play from them both. Bravo Henrik

jambalaya
    Free Member

Congrats to Stenson, first non-US winenr in a while I believe 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘145th Open’ is closed to new replies.