Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 142 to 148 boost conversion
  • Algore
    Free Member

Sorry if it’s been done before.
    Is there anyone in the UK doing kits like the Dfender spacer kit to run 142mm hubs in 148boost.
    e.g dfenderguard.bigcartel.com

Can only seem to find kits in the US.

Any experience with it?

chilled76
    Free Member

What hubs have you got?

Wolf tooth boostinator was the best solution when I looked for a pro11. Need to relish the wheel to use one.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Sell old wheels.

Buy new wheels.

Curse new standards.

At least, that’s what I did.

Algore
    Free Member

Hmm, the problem is sharing the wheels between this bike and my other one. Keeping a good set of summer rollers and strong and steady playful ones. Was hoping to swap wheels between bikes

core

Ain’t gonna happen unless you make custom spacers and piss about, another thread on exactly this last week.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Currently running Boostinator front and rear on I9 hubs and so far so good.
    Can’t swap between bikes though
    Cheers
    Steve

porter_jamie

i started a thread about the same thing last week. my wifes new bike is boost, mine is non boost and the spare wheel set is non boost. Front wheel is easy.

Rear – emergency only (ie on holiday in the alps or something) i think space the disk, and put 3mm spacers on each side. the cassette is then 3mm too far inboard. in an emergency limit screws and live with terrible chain line. the only ‘proper bodge’ i can see which doesn’t involve relacing the wheel (which isn’t going to happen) is to somehow space the cassette out 3mm. 3mm spacer on the back of the cassette and some kind of extended lockring perhaps. machining up a whole new ‘spaced out’ freehub body is possible but completely over the top for an emergency only solution.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘142 to 148 boost conversion’ is closed to new replies.