Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 142 axle help
  • msjhes2
    Free Member

Hi all, I just bought a commencal meta am and the axle is listed as 142 * 12, so I bought a DT Swiss RWS 142X12 but it does not fit. The screw thread is a completely different cut. Any ideas what axle I do need?

Cheers in advance

STATO
    Free Member

I believe there are two types of 142mm axle, must be the other type, shimano perhaps?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Maxle i think/hope…

Sneaky of them not have supplied it IMO…

msjhes2
    Free Member

bloody cheeky now I have seen the cost!

iain1775
    Free Member

Check the Commencal website shop on there is a formula 142mm axle
    Looks just like a Maxle but significantly cheaper (although factor in postage so it may be worth also getting the rear mudguard to protect the shock
    http://www.commencal-store.com/Mobile/MBSCProduct.asp?pdtid=10484455

batman11
    Free Member

I take it you’ve bough the frame new?? in which case it shoul;d come with an axal all other brands surply them that i kow of!!!it is like surplying it with out it’s rearshox totaly not fit for purpose…
    contact your shop where you got it from or commencal see what they have to say first.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah if the frame is new it should have been supplied with the correct maxle

unklehomered
    Free Member

Frame only says on the site maxle not included, Frameset didn’t – which led me to believe it would be included…

iain1775
    Free Member

It doesn’t come with axle
    Anyone my idea how you fit the press fit BB to the Meta AM?
    There is a lump of metl that protrudes intk te BB shell, right where the BB cups go, looks like the only way is to cut down the plastic cups that house the bearings

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’ll have a look at mine tonight and see if its there in mine…

iain1775
    Free Member

It will be its part of the frame design

unklehomered
    Free Member

It will be its part of the frame design

Google honesty translates to

please let me not have to send it back, please let me not have to send it back, please let me not have to send it back, please let me not have to send it back

msjhes2
    Free Member

I just cut the flanges of the plastic shimano push fit bb, once I had realised (which was after a long time trying to force it in!).

Just spent nearly three hours running all the cables internally which was tough. It does look good though.

iain1775
    Free Member

msjhes
    thats what I figured I will have to do

I ran cables easy enough though, took about 30 minutes to feed a pilot wire (nylon washing line) through. I started at bottom bracket and fed it forwards towards the bigger headtube holes and backwards, using some tweezers to get the wire out the smaller holes. Tape outer cable to the pilot wire and pull it back through. Just got brakes and Reverb to dismantle and get through now

msjhes2
    Free Member

makes sense, I did it with out a pilot wire and struggled to get the rear mech one through the chain stays.

The reverb is the only one i have not done. how easy is it to remove and refit the cable?

unklehomered
    Free Member

easyish from the remote end, just twists undone, don’t know how hard to do without loosing fluid though, but its not like brakes – doesn’t get subjected to high pressure etc…

iain1775
    Free Member

I’d be wanting ro drain all the fluid from it, save it leaking on the paintwork

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘142 axle help’ is closed to new replies.