Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • 140mm travel fork for a meta 55 super team 08
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Can anyone give me some advice on fork options for my commy, I don’t want to spend too much money, however I would like something reliable and reasonably tough.

druidh
    Free Member

Reliable, tough, cheap?

Pikes

WBC

Coil Sektors

ferrit
    Free Member

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/marzocchi-44-rc3-ti-140mm-coil-qr-15mm-fork-2010/

– 3 year no-service warranty (i.e. NO maintenance)
    – awesome plush coil performance
    – Ti coil so not heavy either

Got 2 sets of these, both been flawless.

Do it!

kaesae
    Free Member

I want to spend about £200 to £250, preferably a fork I can service myself.

Thanks for the responces so far!

kaesae
    Free Member

Are there any forks I should avoiding, my Marzocchi’s wind down through the travel and I’ve also heard that the older 05/06 Fox 36 Talas do the same thing.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

My friend is selling some 2005 marzochi z1 freerides with 130 or 150mm of travel. They are reliable and easy to service yourself.

Interested?

And yes, avoid 05 & 06 fox 36’s nad marzocchis with ata

RustyMac

Have a look HERE 2011 U-Turn Sectors with either 20 or 15mm Maxle for 289EUR = £250ish some others off here have bought them recently. that would be my bet.

LoCo
    Free Member

Give me a shout 😉

kaesae
    Free Member

Are the Lyriks any good? there are some sets on ebay as well as some Fox 36’s

Mackem

Sektors are good.

http://www.bike-components.de are the cheapest i’ve seen them.

RustyMac

Lyriks and Fox36’s are generally heavier and longer travel than you may want. Sektors/Revelations/Pikes may be more suited to the Commy

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2010 44 RC3tis, they’re absolutely brilliant and light too. Only negative is that they’re non-adjustable and don’t have lockout. But you might not think that is a negative. I’ve also got 2009 Lyriks, which are longer travel, but not quite as good as the RC3s. There’s not much in it, but the Lyriks are faster due to the extra travel, they’re also fully adjustable and very versatile as a result, but also heavy.

maggsy99
    Free Member

davidtaylforth i would be interested in the marzocchi z1 freerides if they are still for sale….

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh, send him a mail on haworth DOT alex AT gmail DOT com

seanodav
    Free Member
    cbrsyd
    Free Member

Have a look HERE 2011 U-Turn Sectors with either 20 or 15mm Maxle for 289EUR = £250ish some others off here have bought them recently. that would be my bet.

Got some from here £260 delivered in about 4 days, very pleased so far.

ferrit
    Free Member

@seanodav – they’re after ferrit32, not me! I’ve clarified!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I rode a 454 Pike on my 2008 commy, was right good.

kaesae
    Free Member

What’s the difference between the Pike 426 and the 454? does anyone know?

seanodav
    Free Member

@ferrit, could of caused you few probs in the future 🙄

warpcow
    Free Member

kaesae – Member
    What’s the difference between the Pike 426 and the 454? does anyone know?

Lighter crown and steerer (alu instead of steel), afaik.

kaesae
    Free Member

How much better is the dampening on the lyric compared to the Pike?

sv

If the Lyrik has Mission Control then it will be better than the Pikes Motion Control.

Del

lyriks will be sh at the sort of money you’re looking at. pikes likewise, as they’re no longer produced, and any old stock hanging around now is relatively highly priced. touch up Loco about the sektors. i’ve bought some sektor rl from him for a good price, with great service. nice forks. very pleased with them ( and i have pikes too ).

LoCo
    Free Member

touch up Loco about the sektors.

😯

I’m happily married thanks 😀

Burchy1
    Free Member

touch up Loco about the sektors.

I’m happily married thanks

Be afraid, be very afraid!! Del rides with us on a Wednesday night, we have to make sure he doesnt notice the doggers carpark each week else we ‘lose’ him for a while and he re-appears later a bit sticky… 😯

LoCo
    Free Member

Thanks for that more coffee over the laptop. 😀

Del

Burchy always makes sure he goes to the ‘gents’ CP before the ride. or is that turn up at the meeting point after the ride? 😯

woodsman
    Free Member

ferrit is cool :-), ferrit32 is a different person on here, unfortunately ferrit32 posts as just ferrit on Retrobike. Confusing I know, apologies for any mistaken identity, and thanks for looking out for us seanodav.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘140mm travel fork for a meta 55 super team 08’ is closed to new replies.