Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • £1400 to spend on a new bike….
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

not me, for a mate who’s been riding a proper clunker around Swinley for a while & wants to upgrade to his first proper mtb. Can’t see him doing anything too big, so I reckon a hardtail is probably a better bet, though some good FS bikes out there for that money too. He’s 6ft 3, so I was thinking he might get on well with a 29er (Swift perhaps). Gonna suggest he gets a ride on one to see how he likes clown wheels. Any other suggestions? Hardtail or full sus? Cheers!

Mackem

Brand new, go for Hardtail. How about something second hand? Probably get a pretty decent full susser at that price. As for which bike, pretty sure any of the major marks will do the job nicely, just depends on what he likes. (personally i’d go for a brand new hardtail, Orange P7 maybe? Or Bfe, or something like that)

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’d get the Giant Trance X3 off Pauls Cycles.

Speshpaul

Spesh Camber, he can get the base model with change, or another £99 see’s the next one up the range.
    They look a like a cracking deal

stevede
    Free Member

Zesty 214 2010 model is about that at some places now.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ignore my idea, I’d get the Camber for sure!

si-wilson
    Free Member

I may have a few Brodie Bikes models available, drop me a mail for details.

mboy
    Free Member

If he rides round Swinley predominantly, a hardtail for sure!

Worthwhile getting him to try a 29er, though of course availability is much less than with 26″ wheeled bikes.

Personally I’d look around for some bargains on 2010 bikes, should be able to get 20-30% off with the new 2011 bikes coming out.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member
    Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

too small sorry

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘£1400 to spend on a new bike….’ is closed to new replies.