Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • 140-160mm mini dh/freeride frames
  • jedi

i got ther new 2012 bottlerocket al ready to be built when the forks arrive.
    12×142 back end too! i will go back to ti coil too as i cant use the travel adjust with an air shock as the shaft fouls the linkage

flyingmonkeycorps

I can honestly say – having ridden both more or less back to back – that a Hustler is more fun (and arguably better) downhill than a Heckler.

momo

How about a blur 4x, normally go for £500-600 second hand, 115 out the back, 66 degree static head angle with 160mm forks.

Here’s mine

Blur 4x by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

doug_basqueMTB.com

The Hustler is a great bike. It’s is fast and a great AM bike. The G-Spot just knocks it into a hat though. It’s faster uphill because it’s just doesn’t bob at all. Donwhill the G-Spot is incredible. It’s just fun, it’s got so much pop and is light enough to throw around. For me the G-Spot is like the best bits of the Hustler and the STD distilled. I ride mine on big mountain epics and on the local DH courses. Even riding with good riders on full on DH bikes it has to get very, very fast and rough before they open a gap on me.

flyingmonkeycorps

Find a new G-Spot for £500 though 🙁

And don’t get the new G-Spot confused with the old one. Actually do, and buy my old G-Spot frame 😀

ajr
    Free Member

]null[/url]

160mm travel 15″/17″ custom build frame, could be what you are looking for.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Are they not comming up 2nd hand yet? Maybe it’s a bit early. I liked the old g-spot when I tested it but it was a bit too compromised for me.

deviant
    Free Member

Dirt Magazine and Southern Downhill seemed to rate the 2010-11 Ariel, it has 140mm but the frame is warrantied for 160mm forks if you fancy.
    Southern Downhill described it as a mini-downhill bike, seems to fit your remit.

penny
    Free Member

check this for a bargain
    http://www.thecyclery.co.uk/4336/products/transition-bottlerocket.aspx
    Cheapest on the web and will do everything you need it to!

Bagstard
    Free Member

There should be a few 150mm patriots kicking around for less than that
    money. I ride Woburn and my alpine 160 is perfect for that sort of riding, patriot will be similar.

AlexSimon

That bottlerocket is a bargain, I was looking at it lustfully, but 37lb is waaaaay too much for me.

penny
    Free Member

Take off the double wall tyres and save nearly 2 lb and save for some lighter forks and it will be close to 32/33 lb?

_tom_
    Free Member

My bullit is 37lbs, it’s not that bad really but definitely feels sluggish compared to my trailstar. Not sure whether that’s down to the weight or draggier tyres and 7″ travel though.

slowrider
    Free Member

another shout for the bottlerocket. picked up a mk2 frame (2010) in great condition for £410 off the bay not long ago.

_tom_
    Free Member

Nice, I think maybe I’ll sell my Pike and get a Lyrik for the Bullit, then when I can afford a BR swap the frame out for one of those.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘140-160mm mini dh/freeride frames’ is closed to new replies.