Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • 140-160mm enduro frame for 1k ish
  • timthetinyhorse

Iv finally decided that its time to replace my 2005 enduro frame and get something of similar travel but that also pedals a little better,

I have a bout 1k to spend but with so many frames out there im not sure what i should be looking at.

One of these may take my ancy, anyone had any experience with them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yeti-575-Frame-2013-brand-new-Large-Fox-Shock-RRP-1499-/161177966520?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Fragrances_Women_s_Fragrances_PP&hash=item2586f497b8#ht_591wt_1170

Any advice would be spot on, it will be mainly used at trail centers and enduro racing but also the odd big all mountain trip,

cheers

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nukeproof

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

For about a grand, it would be hard to look past one of the new Liteville 301’s on Ebay at the moment.

Depends if you want to embrace the bigger wheel thing or not.

Used, there is a whole lot of choice 🙂

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

El guapo, with enough change for a slackset and cane creek loveliness! and that will be new with warrenty!

Don’t let the low price put you off… it used to be a very pricey boutique brand if that makes you feel any better… 😉

I’m very attached to mine 6 months on….

tmb467
    Free Member

Need to make sure you think about future upgrades but also compatibility with what you have now

Enduro takes a straight steerer so you may need a new headset.

Seatpost might need a shim or you might need a new post (Enduro is a bit thicker all over)

Other than that, the world is yer oyster. I only had 500 to do the same but it was good fun

JCL
    Free Member

2010+ Enduro.

Lighter, another world geo and suspension from yours, virtually indestructible, lots about.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-mega-am-frame-rockshox-monarch-2013/rp-prod81835?_$ja=tsid:46412|cgn:Nukeproof+-+MTB+Frames|cn:Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE|kw:317059UK_Nukeproof+Mega+AM+Frame+-+RockShox+Monarch+++2013&gclid=CICn48iZvbsCFTDMtAodTyEAxQ

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/full-suspension/product/review-nukeproof-mega-am-comp-13-47613/

wilko1999
    Free Member

Another vote for an El Guapo, I sorely regretted selling mine. However that 575 on eBay would be very tempting I have to admit!

chakaping
    Free Member

Nukeproof mega am are a good price on CRC. Seem well regarded. Perhaps a bit weighty.

Or go secondhand and pick up something more flashy.

I’ve got a mondraker dune frame you can have for half your budget if you’re a medium.

tpbiker
    Free Member

got my 2012 Enduro for 900 quid new 🙂

althepal

I love my 2010 575. Great do it all bike, goes up well, loves the downs, reasonably light for nigh on six inches of travel too. I’ve got 150 revs on mine but the options always there to stick 160s on if I want something burlier! Great bike, was a perfect replacement for my old Enduro..

timthetinyhorse

damn that el guapo is a tempting option!! all the reviews look sweet too

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I’ve not regretted getting the El Guapo.

wrecker
    Free Member

You’d be a nutter not to get the Mega IMHO.
    2nd hand coverts sell within budget, SB66′ not far off, Tracers about that money. Loads of choice.
    There’s always the ubiquitous 5;
    http://www.bikescene.co.uk/Orange-Five-Frame-6278-107-0.html

campfreddie
    Free Member

re. the Yeti 575 frame.

2 points.

1. – that is a very pale looking kashima shock in the photos
    2. – if they are a yeti dealer and the frame has been display only, it should be offered for sale with a full-length warranty which makes it a very good deal.

VanHalen

that nukeproof sounds shit.

It takes fast reactions and some unorthodox lines to thread it through tight technical trails

so basically if you like wide open motorways its great. if you like techy trails that actually test skill dont bother.

steel4real
    Free Member

That Yeti – frame looks very nice.

But as campfreddie points out it doesn’t look like a Kashima shock.

Leku
    Free Member
    oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

damn that el guapo is a tempting option!! all the reviews look sweet too

Do it!

I loved mine with the cane creek double barell air and 36 floats…

Changed it up to a cane creek coil, and fox 36 vanilla fit RC2’s and a 1.5degree works components slackset and its hands down the best bike i’ve ever ridden!
    I’ve owned a stumpjumper and a blur LT, and ridden a spicy, alpine 160, meta AM, pitch etc… etc…

If you want any more info let me know.

steel4real
    Free Member

Well the shop description seems to differ to the ebay one as it states a Fox RP2 shock.

steel4real
    Free Member

I contacted them through ebay, here is the reply:-

“Hi,

Just to confirm it is the Fox RP2 shock, we have rectified the information on the page. Thank you for pointing it out to us.

Thanks for your time,
    Mountain Trax”

Still a damned good price though 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

so basically if you like wide open motorways its great. if you like techy trails that actually test skill dont bother.

It’s what the guys ride in Molini, and they love em. That is some technical shit over there. I don’t own one, but have ridden them and I’d take one over an Enduro any day of the week.

wilko1999
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

The Trail Addiction guides all ride Mega’s so if they where rubbish on technical terrain I guess we (as guests) and they (as riders) would notice. Been on a few Surrey Hills rides with a guy on a Mega, he was a great rider so I cannot imagine he would have bought a dog

EDIT: on s/h front I paid about £1250 for my Covert new so I am sure there are plenty of good used ones around for under your budget.

hambl90
    Free Member

El guapo here too , Planet X eBay shop has some going cheap at the moment .

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Check out the commencal Meta AMs on sale on crc or direct from the commencal store.
    I bought the meta SL and think its great.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘140-160mm enduro frame for 1k ish’ is closed to new replies.