Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • 140 / 150mm Air forks..
  • .duncan
    Free Member

I've seen these: http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/marzocchi-and-rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-revelation-race-dual-air-maxle-lite.html yet being unable to find race version revelations with maxle anywhere else i'm a little suspicious.

I can get a 2010 QR Revelation Race Dual Air 2010 for £285 in which case will i feel that much difference between maxle and qr? i currently have some pikes which are maxle but they're oversprung so i haven't seen any of this "tracking through rocky lines better" yet.

Lastly, are there any other 140mm (ish) forks i should be looking at?

Grimy
    Free Member

I dont understand what your suspicious about? That they exist? I hope they do, I ordered a set of u-turn maxle lights from them that are due to arrive tomorrow. 😀

And with a free headset! cant argue with that 8)

Northwind

I've seen a few race Maxles around, nothing to worry about there- though they might be OEM spec of course. The new Revelation chassis is a wee bit flexier than my old maxle Rev was (less Pikey) so probably the maxle is worthwhile, if your wheels are compatible it makes sense anyway. Damn good forks though. Mine have the blackbox but there's nothing wrong with motion control.

.duncan
    Free Member

oh righty. is there anything i can do about the poploc as well if i fancy getting rid of that?

i suppose this serves me right for cutting my previous fork steerer a little too short… you know i thought 215mm would have been acceptable

trout
    Free Member

Wheres it say owt about a free headset ???

Northwind

You can remove the poplock and do something internal to the spring to make it not spring back, if you want. Or you can replace the whole damper cartridge, it just unscrews. Maybe someone will want the remote and will swap.

.duncan
    Free Member

doesn't seem to be anything about a free headset from what i can see :/

br
    Free Member

i currently have some pikes which are maxle but they're oversprung so i haven't seen any of this "tracking through rocky lines better" yet.

Put lighter weight springs in?

localhero94
    Free Member

Says about the headset on the front page

.duncan
    Free Member

b r, the steerer on my pike is too short so i would be looking at new spring + steerer and i wouldn't mind saving 1.4lbs in weight 😉

Grimy
    Free Member

I thought this small banner on the front page gave it away! 😆

Dont really need one, but if its free who am I to complain! 8)

trout
    Free Member

So it does Localhero thanks .

MM anyone want to buy a headset 😉

ton

quick heads up fella's
    just bought some, got them for £305. £50 off rochshox offer on when you place order.

nice one….. 8)

.duncan
    Free Member

looks like i'll get myself some off merlin then

Grimy
    Free Member

Youve lost me Ton? £50 off where, Merlin? I got the 10% offer on a pair of u-turn maxle revs so £315 all in (based on fridays price of £349 but now there £359). How did you get £50 off 😯

.duncan
    Free Member

so theoretically these should come with the travel spacers as new revelations do?

Grimy
    Free Member

I dont know Duncan, but I wouldnt be surprised at all if they didnt. Merlin are registered as a bike manufacturer and get the parts like forks in direct from the manufacturers as OEM parts with no retail packaging. So you most probably wont get the all travel spacers that would be supplied with an aftermarket set in a nice retail box that just cost you another few hundred pounds for the pleasure.

I'd wager that if you contact Merlin though about the sale of a set, you could persuade them to chuck a few in that they may have lying around the workshop.

shredder
    Free Member

I purchased a set of Reba's in the Merlin offer and they didn't come in a fancy box, but all the travel spacers were included.

Hope that helps
    Rich

.duncan
    Free Member

oh good stuff rich. It appears i underestimated just how long the steerer needed to be for that frame, i hadn't really taken it into consideration. Got the rest of the bits on it though, can't wait to ride it.

Terry-Tibbs
    Free Member

I got the XX revs from CRC for £500 they are great, the lock out is good, but if I had seen these I would have got them and pocketed the cash (spent the cash elsewhere?) They are really plush and they dont wander like QR forks do, this is really noticeable at pumpy trail centres like Afan wot I rode at the weekend well worth it, Fox have some serious competition here especially at half the price.

shredder
    Free Member

Yes I suppose it's quite a long headtube I ran it with 2010 U turn rev's superb fork for it, now on the Mojo (or will be when I get them back)

Send a pic over when it's built up, glad youre pleased with it.

Cheers
    Rich

frank4short
    Free Member

What about these?

Just ordered a pair myself this evening. Now here's hoping they arrive before the weekend.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Fox?

*spits* Piss takers of the highest order.

cooie

.duncan. Got mine this morning, spacers included. I think they are poss oem, as they aren't available aftermarket in Uk with Maxle. Was about to order some from France or Germany then these turned up on Merlin cheaper. Result 🙂

thebunk

Got mine with spacers and a headset.

They also forgot the poploc remote, but that's not a recommended way of getting rid of it…

.duncan
    Free Member

Yea mine arrived this morning! which is a nice next day service. I have spacers, manual, poploc, that nice little o ring on the fork that i never seem to end up with normally and the cane creek headset.

Rather pleased 🙂

squizardo
    Free Member

I got mine yesterday with all of the above…
    bargain! Not sure what to do with the free headset! there will be a glut on ebay soon!
    Cant wait to try them out.. have heard very good reports from friends using them.. and had one offer to swap them for a pair of talas forks!

scruff
    Free Member

I got myself some of the dual air races. Anyone know what happens if you dont install the poploc, is the compression just fully off ?
    Came with an FSA headset, very nice !

soobalias
    Free Member

scruff, yeah its effectively off.

as i didnt want to use the poploc, i used a short length of gear cable to adjust the compression an leave it set, then adjusted the floodgate…

now just ride it without, its fine, i occassionally think that a bit more compression would be nice – usually on a road hill, offroad it doesnt bother me in the slightest.

scruff
    Free Member

Ahh, good bodge. Not convinced I want or will use the popshot lever.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘140 / 150mm Air forks..’ is closed to new replies.