Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • £1300. Which new light xc hard tail?
  • benz
    Free Member

Mate just sold his Hustler and is now looking for a relatively light xc hard tail.

Max 120mm travel at front.

Needs a medium.

Boardman pro at £1300

Merlin Malt 3 or 4 with the Reba upgrade.

Canyon Grand Canyon al 8.0

On one whippet or Scandal?

Anything else?

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Boardman HT Pro Carbon, brilliant spec for the price, and 23lbs. Had a ride on the aluminium version and the FS, and they’re both great bikes

mboy
    Free Member

For racing on? Or general riding?

If he’s not averse to 2nd hand, there’s an immaculate Titanium Genesis Altitude in 17.5″, with Rockshox Revelations, XT drivetrain, quality kit on it etc for £1k… Absolute bargain of the century!

If it’s for racing on and he wants a new bike, that Canyon looks the best option though. I’d be sorely tempted to go for the 8.9 version though, the 29er. Just looks like so much bike for the money. I’m really being pulled in by the whole 29er thing again I must say!

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

If it’s for racing on and he wants a new bike, that Canyon looks the best option though

I don’t get this? Spec on the Boardman is, at worst, equivalent to the Canyon (Same forks, XT vs X9, similar level brakes and wheels, albeit from different manufacturers) but you get a carbon frame compared to the aluminium Canyon.

johnnystorm

Loving my Canyon 8.9

For the time being a bit less prevalent on the trails than a Boardman. Not that I don’t like Boardman, I’ve got one of their road bikes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘£1300. Which new light xc hard tail?’ is closed to new replies.