Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • £130 million well spent?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, Copenhagen ends with an "accord",

£130m, 15,000 people.

Money well spent? Imagine what else could have been achieved with that money!

bassspine
    Free Member

without that income the limousine industry in Copenhagen would be having a very poor christmas…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, without the money being spent in the first place nothing would have happened at all. How do you think they should do it Flash? By Blackberry?

I feel very let down by the world's leaders though – someone mentioned the phrase "doomed to success" – very apt in this case. The world watched and waited for them to come up with a solution and all we got was a glorified tinkers' horse fair with a load of unhappy customers at the end of it.

johnners
    Free Member

That money could have been used to give a dozen or so bankers a decent Christmas, instead of being wasted on a bunch of nonentities from poor countries nobody's even heard of. It makes my blood boil.

tootin

Sh*t loads of wind turbines that's for sure!

Philby

LOL at johnners.

£130 million is peanuts compared with the billions saving the banks and other industries and that's just in the UK.

Surely the future of the planet is priceless!

singletrackhor
    Free Member

if the climate was a bank, it would have already been saved

luked2
    Free Member

Well, according to Wikipedia, an insecticide-treated mosquito net costs around $6.

For every 1000 children supplied with these, about 5.5 lives per year can be saved.

So that $130M would seem to be able to save about 100,000 lives.

Coyote
    Free Member

It would be interesting to know the catering arrangements for the summit. Did they use locally sourced produce and local cuisine or did they fly vast quantities of food and staff many times round the world to make sure that our glorious leaders' every whim was catered for. Sorry but I view these "gatherings" as pointless posturing. The member countries are not interested in the globe as a whole, merely their part of it.

jon1973
    Free Member

Well, without the money being spent in the first place nothing would have happened at all.

Nothing really did happen.

How do you think they should do it Flash? By Blackberry?

Video conferencing?

Ironic that a climate conference that achieved nothing had a bigger carbon footprint than a small African country.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Who cares?

Money rules the world.

Commercial interest does not equal saving the planet.

We're all ****ed.

project
    Free Member

FREE JUNKET,it was and always will be seen as such by people who didnt get an invite,

got an invite and its a very worthwhile experience,lots of contacts made,and information gleamed.

YOU DECIDE.

Me its a JUNKET.

AndyRT
    Free Member

There was something on BBC news today going on about Canadian Tar sand extraction, and how the COOP has created £10M budget to campaign for greener ethical investment marketing.!!!!!

I am gobsmacked at the ineptitude of this. Heres a simple idea, if you want to stop (apparently anthropogenic) global warming in regards to fossil fuels, support the research into alternatives.

Don't just spend money on words no-one listens to apart from the COOP shareholders!

AARRGGHhhhhhhhh!

Northwind

It would have been worth spending a hundred times more if anything had come of it. But it turned out to be a load of cock, to the immense surprise of absolutely nobody.

Still, looks like some people in this thread think that they actually achieved something, so maybe it did work.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘£130 million well spent?’ is closed to new replies.