Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 17 quid high rollers – will I die?
  • chiefgrooveguru

42a = tons of grip but I wouldn’t want them front AND back if pedalling uphill. Don’t last long on the back anyway, so the more expensive 60a will be cheaper and better as a rear tyre.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Second the 42a front maxxpro 60a rear. However these are a fast rolling hard pack tyre and not the best when it gets greasy. I tend to use them as a summer tyre on my hardtail which doesn’t get much abuse. I’d avoid putting them on a DH bike and smashing it down really rocky sections being only single ply.

adrec
    Free Member

Which are the ones which ‘everyone’ goes for then? There are seemingly endless variants out there! I’m thinking you’d want a 2.35 42 on the front and a 2.35 60 on the rear. Folding is prob lighter than wire I guess as well.

chakaping
    Free Member

The wire beads aren’t too much heavier than the folders IME.

They are narrow for the stated 2.35in size though, more like 2.1in – in case that matters.

What bike are you riding and where?

adrec
    Free Member

They’ll be going on a hardtail (whyte 19) which only ever gets taken round north Wales trail centres and the occasional tow path. If I’m ever doing anything too adventurous I’d take the full suss.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘17 quid high rollers – will I die?’ is closed to new replies.