Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 12mm x 135mm Single Speed Rear Hub
  • phutphutend

I’ve been running my DH bike single speed for well over a year now, so i think it’s time to get the right hub for it rather than bodge a standard hub with spacers. Hopefully i could build a zero dish wheel?

So does anyone know of any 12mm x 135mm single speed hubs?

I’ve contacted Hope to see if their single speed hub can be adapted.

Internet search has yielded no joy.

The best solution i’ve come up with so far is to use a standard single speed rear hub and machine a sleeve that will run through the centre and allow me to put my bolt-through through! Unfortuately, most hubs seem to use 12x24x6mm bearings. This means the internal dimension is 12mm leaving no space for a sleeve. Is anyone aware of any hubs that use bearings larger than 12mm internal diameter??

Anyone got any ideas?

GW
    Free Member

can’t you convert a pro II SS/trials hub to 12mm bolt thru?

which frame are you using? I’ve always wanted a single speed DH bike

phutphutend

No the Hope can’t be converted.

STATO
    Free Member

Ive heard of people drilling out ChrisKing heavy duty axles to 12mm to fit there DH bikes (before king realeased a 12mm hub) so maybe you could try that?

Im sure the Hope SS could be converted tho with a bit of machining on the axle, it must use the same bearings as the normal one and they come in 12mm.

phutphutend

Kinda trying to avoid Hopes. Yup, they work good, but they drown out the sound of the birdsong when you’re pushing back up the hill in the woods!!

GW
    Free Member

stick more grease in the pawls and they quieten down quite a bit.

phutphutend

Any other ideas you clever people?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘12mm x 135mm Single Speed Rear Hub’ is closed to new replies.