Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 12K, 3K, UD, Glossy – Post up some pics of your carbon rims?
  • Daffy

I’m about to order some, but need real world examples of each.

I’m leaning toward UD Matt as I quite like the understated look, but think that glossy would be easier to keen clean and potentially more resistant to damage.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Matte UD….with about 8″ of braking track missing 😐 (my own fault,new one ordered)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Got 2 pairs for the road bike: UD matte and gloss weave. Like em both. So not much help.

davosaurusrex

Gloss looks tacky IMO. I have the matt 3k, I like that you can see the carbon weave but only if you look closely. Will sort out photo hosting one day…

tang
    Free Member

Lucky enough to be sponsored by these guys. Not quite Matt or gloss.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

You need to figure out how they’d look with your frame and bits (colour and finish). My road bike is largely gloss black so the gloss wheels match the frame, if I put carbon rims on my (gloss orange) mtb I’d have matt UD. I’m not normally a fan of gloss or weave finishes (looks tacky and trying too hard to be “ooh carbon”) but they work on my road bike.

plus-one

Matt Ud goes with anything 🙂

Gloss imho looks awful 🙁

taxi25
    Free Member

3k matt

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have Matt ud which are very understated. Just plan black really. The other finishes look a bit like Halfords stick on carbon vinyl sheets and scream “look I have carbon”.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

3k matt for me, but only on the cx bikes. I’m still not convinced of carbon on mtb.
    Gloss UD on the road bike at the moment, but they are Enve so that’s allowed 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Matte UD with grey LB logos for me.

stewartc
    Free Member

Matt UD

3k Matt

Another Matt UD

neilneilorangepeel
    Free Member

3K Gloss

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘12K, 3K, UD, Glossy – Post up some pics of your carbon rims?’ is closed to new replies.