Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • £1260 MTB BUILD!
  • PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

ahgaot – all the parts were brand new.

I have a short stem and wide bar now but the rest of it is the same as this
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2613677680621&set=a.2238415539302.83539.1815424638&type=3&theater

also it weighs 29lbs

steezysix
    Free Member

I had mine since 2009 – I’m about 6’1″ and had a medium which was great for ripping around the woods, but a little bit cramped for longer rides. It might be a bit heavier than some, but you won’t really notice, plus I never had any doubts about the strength of the frame – means you can ride down some really rough stuff on it. Was going to get a large frame to replace it at some point, but I managed to get a bit of a deal on a Kona Steely.

It was definitely set up more for DH, about 35lb as you see it here! But that’s with Domains, DH wheelset and heavy tires.

Frame’s for sale if you want a bargain? 🙂

ahgaot
    Free Member

PeaslakeDave – Member

ahgaot – all the parts were brand new.

I have a short stem and wide bar now but the rest of it is the same as this
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2613677680621&set=a.2238415539302.83539.1815424638&type=3&theater

also it weighs 29lbs

Great! Nice bike! Maybe i might follow your setup to keep close to the cost.. nice pictures you got there! Ride on!

ahgaot
    Free Member

steezysix – Member

I had mine since 2009 – I’m about 6’1″ and had a medium which was great for ripping around the woods, but a little bit cramped for longer rides. It might be a bit heavier than some, but you won’t really notice, plus I never had any doubts about the strength of the frame – means you can ride down some really rough stuff on it. Was going to get a large frame to replace it at some point, but I managed to get a bit of a deal on a Kona Steely.

It was definitely set up more for DH, about 35lb as you see it here! But that’s with Domains, DH wheelset and heavy tires.

Frame’s for sale if you want a bargain?

NICE BIKE! Very good looking build you got there! Nah thanks I’ll pass.. Prefer to get the new frame, with replicable hangers and all.. thanks alot for your offer though! You run your Surge at single speed?? Can’t really see from the pic.. Btw, what handlebars and headset are you using?

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘£1260 MTB BUILD!’ is closed to new replies.