Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 120mm or 140mm
  • LMT
    Free Member

Will I notice the difference??

Finally decided to let my 2 bikes go, even if I only get silly money for them, I can’t have a new one. So the camber will go and the hardtail.

I’m getting a 650b or 27.5 whatever they want to call them, looking at the Canyon Nerve or Spectral, as the most travel I’ve had up to now is the 125mm on my P7 and Camber will I notice the difference on a 140mm 650b bike?

I rarely use all the travel on the camber as it is and when I had the p7 only once cluncked the front suspension, I will get more kit for my money if I run 120mm.

Is there a noticeable difference? I mainly run trail centers, Cannock being my local, and this bike will be my one do it all bike, no other bikes.

welshfarmer

I would say that a modern 120mm bike would suit your needs nicely. Not that it means much in the bigger scheme of things but a mate has just recorded a top 20 Strava time on the full downhill course at Fort William on a 120mm Transition Scout.

jam-bo

Geometry is more important than travel to me. A 120mm bike with good angles will be faster than a 140mm bike without.

chakaping
    Free Member

Get a 130mm bike if you really can’t decide what suits you best.

LMT
    Free Member

Well I could get a 130mm 29er!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Nah, you’d only need a 110mm or 120mm 29er.

😉

LMT
    Free Member

Well ive provisionally sold my camber, now to figure out what to get, 3 years ago no problem. Now its:

29er short travel
    650b long travel or
    650b short travel.

Will def be a full sus, back to looking at bikes online!

Seriously considering another camber but they are overpriced for what they are. Any recommendations for a short arse, tyres on the ground trail rider?

devash
    Free Member

I’m also riding a Camber 26er and to be honest I have never once felt like I needed more bike, but being tall and leggy I do like the 29er geometry so I’m looking at either a short travel 29er or steel 29er hardtail for my next bike.

How about one of these? I don’t think you can beat the spec for the money without going direct sales (Canyon, Rose Bike etc)

http://whyte.bike/gb/models/trail/t-129-xctrail-29er/t-129-s/

Last year’s Camber Evo 29er is also on offer for £1800 at the moment.

140mm travel for a 29er is getting in to alps / all mountain riding.

LMT
    Free Member

I wanted a camber evo but can’t find one in small, I’ve searched and searched only med/lg in stock, my 26 camber was a med and slightly too big so I know I need a small frame.

devash
    Free Member

@ LMT – did you try Bike Scene? Their website is still showing small in stock for the 2015 Evo. They’re a major Specialized dealer in the North East so can usually get everything.

http://www.bikescene.co.uk/Specialized-Camber-EVO-7684-0-0.html

LMT
    Free Member

I didn’t try them as I have a concept store only doorstep they told me none left in the country, but will try bike scene tomorrow see if they have one, thanks.

jcallen
    Free Member

I almost bought a whyte t-130. Great looking bike with a great spec. Went for something with more travel in the end but if you are looking for a 130 this would be an excellent choice.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘120mm or 140mm’ is closed to new replies.