Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 120mm forks on Carbon 456
  • m6dwn
    Free Member

Does anyone run 120mm on their C456?

Any advice on how they ride on 120’s would be great.

Thanks

Northwind

I do a lot of the time… Works well, though I find it drags the bashring just a little bit too often on steppy stuff. Just that wee bit sharper handling than at 140mm, though obviously it looses some slackiosity too. Nice.

The other option’s obviously a Whippet but they share their geometry with the scandal I gather and I didn’t rate my Scandal with more than 110mm of fork in personally.

Alex

Going to run 120mm reba’s on mine when I get it. Mainly for the FoD so I’d like it a bit sharper.

andyl
    Free Member

Run mine at either 100 or 130. Fine in both but I would like to try 140-150.

billyboy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t…..haven’t experienced the carbon..just steel and Ti…puts the front end too low, doesn’t feel balanced

Janesy
    Free Member

Ive got 120mm SIDs on mine.

I really enjoy riding it. tbh fork travel should not limit you in what you can ride or how fast.
    Anyway I ride my bike fast and it will be my enduro / race bike.

leftyboy
    Free Member

I run 130mm on my steel 456 and it’s a pretty good all round, not sure how much the carbon 456s geometry differs from a steel one but HTH.

jonba
    Free Member

I used to run my steel one with 100mm. Its better now with 140mm but it was fine then.

You should check he axle to crown length on the forks as it varies. It’s more than just the travel.

kingchopper
    Free Member

i’ve got 130mm on mine – it’s great

pickle
    Free Member

I’d say 120 is a little low, used to run 130’s on mine but just recently changed 140 and it feels so much better!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘120mm forks on Carbon 456’ is closed to new replies.