Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 110 BCD – 5 bolt N/W chainring?
  • cookeaa

I see superstar are doing a version of their I/O in this flavour and in the 38t size I want…

Any other contenders I should be looking at ?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I’ve got a 40t Hope one which is nice – pretty sure they do 38t.

jonk

Absolute black?

cookeaa

Can’t seem to find an absolute black in 5 arm/110bcd anywhere… Oval might be a nice way to go if they do have a 5 arm option…

Hope retainer ring is a fair chunk pricier TBH. Found some other ever spendier options though, praxis works ain’t cheap are they?

birdage

Aren’t the AB cx ring narrow wide and 110?

mboy
    Free Member

Praxis ain’t cheap, but IMO the quality and performance is worth paying for with their rings. Much more agressive tooth profile than most and it seems to make a difference in use.

cookeaa

Aren’t the AB cx ring narrow wide and 110?

Yes they do one as a “CX” version but I can’t find anyone flogging it here in the UK CRC seem to be the AB importer and they’re only flogging 104 and 96 BCD it seems… must be someone else bringing them in, I don’t much fancy trying to get one over the Atlantic for myself TBH, once the faff outweighs the product benefits SS start looking more enticing again…

Praxis ain’t cheap, but IMO the quality and performance is worth paying for with their rings. Much more agressive tooth profile than most and it seems to make a difference in use.

Are praxis rings really gonna last 3 times as long as the SS though?

adam_h
    Free Member

I’ve bought Absolute Black cx chainrings direct off the Absolute Black website.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Just got a wolf tooth one from flat out cycles….nor cheap but the chain stayed on for the first ride

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘110 BCD – 5 bolt N/W chainring?’ is closed to new replies.