Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 10wt fork oil as an alternative to 5w for a set of rockshox.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’ve run out of the usual 5w I use and can I get my hands in some 10w without having to order it and wait a day or two. Never used 10w before. So will the 10wt do the job.? There is loads of info on the net but have any of you lot got any real world experience.?

philjunior
    Free Member

Yes, if you want slow rebound.

legend
    Free Member

Lowers or damper? Lowers, will make naff all difference. Damper, will slow everything down, increased chance of spiking too (always fun)

funkynick

If both oils are the same brand then it will slow down the rebound etc, as said above.

However, oil weights are different for different brands, so one brands 5w could be the same as another brands 10w…

So, if they are different brands, it could be a bit of a lottery as to what would actually happen!

If you have samples of both, then you could just compare the oils themselves to see…

benpinnick

RS Oils (maxima) tend to run a little light I think, so you could probably run a 2.5/3 instead from someone else, but a 10 may be way too firm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘10wt fork oil as an alternative to 5w for a set of rockshox.’ is closed to new replies.