Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 10mm x 135 bolt through replacement?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Mine’s on its way out. But dont want to replace with the identical DT Swiss one:

link

I thought I would be able to get something compatible from Superstar etc, but I think those are just 10mm QR upgrades.

Any ideas?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Superstar etc, but I think those are just 10mm QR upgrades.

Correct, and they are very substantial and stiff as anything.
    No scientific analysis, but I’d expect to get as much clamping force from the SS one as from the fancy DT Swiss jobbie.

sam_underhill

Got one of these Am classic ones on my turner flux. No problems so far, after 12 months or so of twice a week use.
    http://www.justridingalong.com/parts/bike-components/quick-releases/thru-axle-quick-release.html

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Not so sure those are compatible, the DT Swiss one screws directly into the non-drive side drop out on my BLT (it is 10mm x 142mm).

chakaping
    Free Member

Yours is probably 142 x 12mm in that case? Or 135 x 12mm?

You better ask the distributor if you’re not sure as they’re not cross-compatible.

I’ve had Marzocchi (135×12) and Rock Shox (142×12) rear axles and both have been good, if that helps.

tony07
    Free Member

Betd do one for intense bikes. I used it to replace a maxle on an orange five. Superstars are a different thread pitch to maxles

mudmonster
    Free Member

Use a Hadley one which is quite nice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘10mm x 135 bolt through replacement?’ is closed to new replies.