Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 105 front shifter 2 and/or 3 clicks
  • monksie
    Free Member

I’m sure my 105 front mech STI shifter lever on my new bike only clicked for a double when I first got it. 100 miles old and now it’s clicking three times (triple shift type of thing) and it’s horrible shifting.
    Is this easily fixable or is it already furbar’d and doomed to a lifetime of getting on my nerves?
    Yes, I know it’s a 1st world problem but it’s properly bothering me.
    Thanks

MSP

Set derailleur limits with high low screws, then set cable.

Not sure I understand the problem unless something is broke, I use a triple 105 shifter on a double crank, works perfectly.

D0NK

hmm my double 105 sti has an extra click to trim the cage a little, while in the big ring I think, not that is it?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    monksie
    Free Member

I didn’t explain it very well. Sorry.
    I got the bike last week, brand new and the front mech STi was perfect. One click to go up, one click to go down. One hurried and hamfisted shift up on to the big ring at the weekend and now it has a middle click up and down in between shifting and nothing happens. The shifting on to the big ring is no longer crisp and clean. Quite noisy and rubbish in fact.

bluebird
    Free Member

What D0NK said, my 105s have what I can only describe as a half shift, to stop the chain rubbing.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

My 105 triple STi has an extra click too. I like it though. Running a mtb chainset its handy for running the chain on the large sprockets in the middle chainring. One click down sets it for the bottom sprockets and I use the extra click for the top half of the sprockets.

This doesn’t help 🙂

monksie
    Free Member

I’m reassured, thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘105 front shifter 2 and/or 3 clicks’ is closed to new replies.